Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mtdl09
Paper Tape
Views: 8,321
Message 1 of 6

Fingerprint sensor stopped working properly

Since 2 days ago the fingerprint sensor is constantly not recognizing fingerprints, not working or even not having a "Fingerprints" option in the Security menu at all. And when it does show up, I can't add new fingerprints because it shows a message reading:

"Enrollment was not completed.

Fingerprint enrollment didn't work, try again or use a different finger."

Also at the Lock screen there's a message saying "Fingerprint hardware not available."

It's starting to get really frustrating and I surely would like to find a way to fix this. Rebooting the phone doesn't always solve it, and when it does it's only for a short period of time.

kushvyas
Serial Port
Views: 8,276
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fingerprint sensor stopped working properly

Hello,

If Safe Moe or Factory reset does not solve it there is nothing more you can do.

Just go to nearest service center and get the phone checked.

Thanks and Regards

May the Force be With you !
mtdl09
Paper Tape
Views: 8,267
Message 3 of 6

Well apparently rebooting in safe mode really did solve the issue. Hopefully it won't just be a temporary solution.

Anyway, thanks for the help and the quick reply!

akilscs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,178
Message 4 of 6

my finger print works well except in a condition-when i restart my mobile normally or in safe mode, first i get a lock symbol.i need to type my password, then my finger print works consecutively well.what should i do

Ramoslaureano
What's DOS?
Views: 7,814
Message 5 of 6

Me está fallando el sensor de huellas cunaod el dispositivo se encuentra cargando. No reconoce ninguno de los dedos.

RezX
Punch Card
Views: 7,774
Message 6 of 6

@akilscs wrote:

my finger print works well except in a condition-when i restart my mobile normally or in safe mode, first i get a lock symbol.i need to type my password, then my finger print works consecutively well.what should i do

It is a feature of the Android OS, not a bug. When you reboot your phone, it will ask you to unlock the device using your previously set up backup unlock method to allow the usage of the Fingerprint Sensor. Do not be alarmed. 

Top Kudoed Authors