Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GTaylor1
Punch Card
Views: 719
Message 91 of 321

Re: G4 play,gps not working

Posted on Motorola FB page about this issue. Added link to this thread. They actually responded and said they will follow up. So who knows. Maybe it'll get fixed before the snow flys.

pmesteves
Fanfold Paper
Views: 743
Message 92 of 321

Re: Moto G4 play GPS

Hi,

Its not hardware, its software!

It stoped working with the last Securty Patch that we received... (1 of March 2018)

But no reply from Lenovo/Motorola.

The solution is to buy a new smartphone but NEVER AGAIN Lenovo/Motorola...!

Manjunatha_1312
Paper Tape
Views: 640
Message 93 of 321

GPS is not working properly in my phone, it doesn't shows current location, and traveling time gps is not working some times it's says GPS signal lost
MosherK
Fanfold Paper
Views: 625
Message 94 of 321

Same here, GPS says SAT 9/22 meaning it is using 9 out of 22 sattelites, and still doesn´t get a fix. It used to get a fix with only 4 used sattelites.

Clearly the fix calculator is bugged (probably it is using compass or giroscope variables and since this device doesn´t have those the function keeps failing).

It is absurd that with the phone on open space and blue sky is there for 2 hours and still no fix.

MosherK
Fanfold Paper
Views: 688
Message 95 of 321

Re: Moto G4 play GPS

Same here, GPS says SAT 9/22 meaning it is using 9 out of 22 sattelites, and still doesn´t get a fix. It used to get a fix with only 4 used sattelites.

Clearly the fix calculator is bugged (probably it is using compass or giroscope variables and since this device doesn´t have those the function keeps failing).

It is absurd that with the phone on open space and blue sky is there for 2 hours and still no fix.

MosherK
Fanfold Paper
Views: 593
Message 96 of 321

Re: Moto G4 Play GPS issues

MosherK
Fanfold Paper
Views: 664
Message 97 of 321

Re: Moto G4 Play GPS Issues

Clearly is not a hardware problem (the sattelites are "used" so the hardware is seeing them), the software is not working properly to use the "seen" information to calculate a fix.

MosherK
Fanfold Paper
Views: 654
Message 98 of 321

Re: No GPS position on moto g4

Clearly is not a hardware problem (the sattelites are "used" so the hardware is seeing them), the software is not working properly to use the "seen" information to calculate a fix.

Shur22
Fanfold Paper
Views: 628
Message 99 of 321

Same problem here.

I have a Moto G4 Play updated to last version (Android 7) and it is not possible to get GMaps or any GPS software working.

The phone gets the satellites (you can see this in the Device Help app under GPS test) but it can't determine the exact point.

Very dissapointed. Probably my last Motorola Phone (I have had Moto G 2013, Moto G4 Play and Moto G5).

Please fix this. 

kt1015
Fanfold Paper
Views: 616
Message 100 of 321

@Agent_Swaraj

It has been about 2 weeks since we have last heard anything (from Moto/Lenovo) on this issue.  Can you at least give us some sort of official status update?  Several people have been told a patch is in progress, but we really need to know [a] if this is true (about a patch), and [b] what is the approximate delivery estimate?  For me personally, I cannot wait much longer to have a working GPS -- I'll just go buy another phone (NOT a Motorola/Lenovo!), and then return this G4 Play under warranty  (and sell the replacement unit on eBay).

Which brings up another point of frustration.  Since my phone IS still under warranty, I thought perhaps I could return it and maybe the one that I would get in return might actually have a working GPS (maybe it wouldn't have whatever update messed things up).  HOWEVER, to get another phone FIRST (before I ship mine back), I have to pay some premium fee (~$25).  Otherwise, I have to basically sit without a phone for a few days waiting on a replacement.  I'm completely fine making some sort of deposit (that would get refunded once you receive my phone), but just paying some "fee" because YOU guys messed up my phone?  Does not seem like very good customer service...

Top Kudoed Authors