Message 21 of 322

Re: Moto G4 play GPS

since when you are having this problem?

Raka75
What's DOS?
Views: 3,222
Message 22 of 322

I've had the same problem, most notably yesterday, also the voice directions have mysteriously stopped so I am stuck having to watch the screen for upcoming turns, which is way too dangerous. I don't us mine often, but when I need too...

ShutdownX
Punch Card
Views: 3,218
Message 23 of 322

Probably about 1-2 weeks ago.
ShutdownX
Punch Card
Views: 3,219
Message 24 of 322

About 1-2 weeks ago.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,208
Message 25 of 322

@ShutdownXwrote:

My GPS on my moto g4 play has gradually been getting worse and worse but recently it become completely unusable. It is on high accuracy but it can't maintain a constant connection so GPS apps do not work at all with it. From what I've been reading this is a hardware issue. Does anyone have any tricks to improve the GPS so it's at least useable?

Sorry to hear about that, our best advice for this situation is that you submit your device for review and repair/service so that repair engineer could examine your unit and provide a proper resolution.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,207
Message 26 of 322

@Raka75wrote:

I've had the same problem, most notably yesterday, also the voice directions have mysteriously stopped so I am stuck having to watch the screen for upcoming turns, which is way too dangerous. I don't us mine often, but when I need too...

Could you try these steps and let us know how it goes?

Go to settings > apps > google maps > storage > clear data > clear cache > force stop > restart your device by the press and holding the power key until your device reboots and allow the permission and check again? Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,781
Message 27 of 322

Re: GPS has stopped working properly

@2manuwrote:

Hi,

Third party app that first showed the issue was Sports tracker (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stt.android&hl=en)

This app worked flawlessly for more than a year. Afterwards I tested strava. GPS locker and GPS essentials don't work either. They get signal from 6 to 16 satellites quickly, but cannot get a lock.

Also, google maps does not work as it used to. It improved after switching off wifi and bluetooth scanning, but it is still not getting a precise location as fast as it did before.

I got the phone on February 6 2017, and until February 10 2018 I had no issues. I noticed this issue on February 17 2018. In between February 10 and February 17 I got the Nougat update. This is why I blame it on the update. 

Is there a way to go back to the previous android version? That should solve the issue

Thanks for your help

Thank you for information, it depends on a lot of factors for the third party apps to be accurate, sometimes it could also be the issues with the third-party apps to replicate or sync with. However, let me try to test and investigate further on this. We will get back to you once we have something.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

2manu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,779
Message 28 of 322

Actually, the issue does not occur only with third party apps, it happens also with google maps.

At first I thought maps was working fine because it showed a precise location. But it is not: the location is wrong. It only shows the right location when gps is locked, and it still takes at least 10 min

patperson
What's DOS?
Views: 2,771
Message 29 of 322

I too have just begun having GPS problems with my G play. After some auto upgrades a couple of days ago, my phone keeps losing gps signal. Is there some way to reverse my upgrades?

Norwal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,709
Message 30 of 322

Re: G4 play,gps not working

Has there been any clear answer for this poblem?  My wife and I each purchase a Moto G 4 Play (XT1601) in March 2017 and the GPS worked very well until two weeks ago.  We went on vacation down south and the GPS worked fine.  When we returned we both recieved  an notice that a security update was availble from Motorola so we applied the update and now the GPS doesn't work.  All apts are upto date.

Top Kudoed Authors