Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhoneGps
Paper Tape
Views: 2,587
Message 31 of 322

Re: G4 play,gps not working

I have also had the exact same problem. GPS just stopped working. It was jittery for a day or so, fading in and out of getting any signal, and now it isn't able to receive any signal at all. 

This is my second MOTO phone. It's not even two years old. 

I would like a fix for this.

ShutdownX
Punch Card
Views: 2,544
Message 32 of 322

I have the same issue and mine also started probably about 2 weeks ago. Which was probably when the nougat update came out for me. I updated the phone right away instead of waiting.

Wussmode
Paper Tape
Views: 2,466
Message 33 of 322

Hi, my wife was driving in her car and she recently updated her G4 Play to android 7 from 6. When she turned on Waze to get to work from an appointment, the App was totally useless because it couldn't find a GPS signal. She told me this and we tried a few things from this forum, like switching off WiFi and Bluetooth position tracking, restarting the phone a few times. Nothing works. The GPS is pooched. It really sucks because the phone is great, but she really needs a GPS to get around. Please find a way to fix this issue Lenovo. This is very disappointing and I always viewed moto phones as being great quality, but my opinion has definitely changed after seeing the other stories on this forum.

ShutdownX
Punch Card
Views: 2,456
Message 34 of 322

I also think it's the android 7.1 update that messed up the gps since I started having problems with it sometime after the update.

PhoneGps
Paper Tape
Views: 2,446
Message 35 of 322

I had a bit of a breakthrough. Try this and let me know if it works.

From the phone's home screen swipe down to get the icon screen, ( wifi, bluetooth etc.) Find the Location icon. I had to swipe right to find it on my phone. 

Turn it off. Wiat a sec. Then turn it on again. Be patient, don't click anything. I got a message pop up saying something like, "Location settings turned off for ALL apps. Would you like to turn it on?" I clicked Yes.

Then I opened  google maps and a pop up appeared saying something like, "Would you like to turn on accurate gps location?" I clicked yes.

Then after a second the little blue GPS dot appeared giving me an accurate location. It jumped around within a few metres of where I was.

Up until this point I"ve only been able to get a greyed out dot in google maps, so I believe this is promising. I haven't really tested it yet because I haven't gone driving anywhere yet. Will test it today.

If this problem was because of the update then it's totally stupid on Lenovo's part because it completely turned off all my locations settings. If it wasn't the update then what the heck was it?

I was about to trash this phone and get a new one. Lenovo, please step up to the plate and provide some guidance on this one.

I would be interested to know if this worked for anyone else...

ShutdownX
Punch Card
Views: 2,427
Message 36 of 322

I am already on high accuracy it has no problem locating me however it takes about 15 min to find and maintain a steady gps signal which is far too long for me.

Wussmode
Paper Tape
Views: 2,409
Message 37 of 322

I have an update with this GPS issue. So my wife's phone (Moto G4 Play) no longer uses the GPS to accurately pinpoint location for Google Maps and Waze. We tried so many things from this forum and nothing.

Today we were driving around town and I asked her to try another maps app called Google Driving (Could be from the Android Auto app). When we loaded that app white we were driving and set our home as the destination, her phone TRACKED us perfectly! The GPS worked without any issues. This leads me to believe that after upgrading to Android 7.1 from 6, Lenovo dropped the ball and now so many people have GPS problems that could probably be fixed with an easy software patch.

Try my "solution" and let me know if that works for you.

PhoneGps
Paper Tape
Views: 2,391
Message 38 of 322

Shutdown X : The thing with me is that I also had my GPS set to high accuracy in google maps. But the location settings for all apps were turned off for some reason and I didn't become aware of this until I turned off location and turned it on again. 

I agree with Wussmode. There has to be a serious software glitch in this update that Lenovo is not addressing. It would be nice to see a representative hop on here and provide some information or at least confirm that they're looking into this issue.

ShutdownX
Punch Card
Views: 2,371
Message 39 of 322

Mine still has issue after trying your method phonegps. Mine generally takes 15 min to get a somewhat stable gps signal even then it randomly disconnects sometimes.
PhoneGps
Paper Tape
Views: 2,369
Message 40 of 322

I tested out that method I previously posted about. All it did was turn on location settings. The GPS is still totally off.

It jumps around all over the place in google maps, often 2 or 3 kilometres off of my actual location. Then it finds my location, but only for a few seconds before losing it again. 

Before this update my GPS was ROCK SOLID, like down to a couple of metres. Now it's totally non-functional. 

This is garbage. Lenovo needs to fix this. 

If I have to get another phone because of this, you can be **bleep** sure it's not going to be a Lenovo phone. In fact, if they don't fix this I'll never buy another Lenovo product in my life.

Top Kudoed Authors