Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2manu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,611
Message 71 of 324

Re: Moto G4 Play GPS Issues

The GPS issue predates the March 1 security update, at least in my case.

As I said in a previous post, my GPS issue was resolved by downgrading the phone back to Android 6.

Lenovo will not provide us with an official procedure to do that. The issue has been around for 4 months now, they did not deliver a solution, and they probably will not. The downgrade must be done using an unofficial way.

I left some instructions on a previous post, but they were deleted because "We (Lenovo) do not allow links to and excessive discussion or promotion of any non-standard software loads for locked devices". 

This non-standard downgrade will void your warranty and you risk ending up with a brick, but you are starting with a brick anyway, so it is worth a try. It worked for me.

kt1015
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,609
Message 72 of 324

Re: Moto G4 Play GPS Issues

2manu,

My G4 Play is a Verizon Prepaid phone. Unfortunately, Verizon does not allow the bootloaders to be unlocked on these phones, which I think is a deal-breaker for any sort of downgrade, right?

Thanks for passing along your info/experience -- it helps get a clearer picture...

Anonynonymous
Paper Tape
Views: 1,511
Message 73 of 324

Re: G4 play,gps not working

It's now almost 2 months passed. Did they just give you the run-around when they said that they were aware of this problem and are working on it? I personally know somebody who owns this phone and drives for uber and having a busted GPS is actually affecting his income.

GTaylor1
Punch Card
Views: 1,589
Message 74 of 324

So far no response. My phone is a $70 prepaid so not worth spending much time on it. I'll replace it at some point.

jcecampbell
Paper Tape
Views: 1,576
Message 75 of 324

I went round and round with Motorola for over a week about this issue. My first G4 was replaced under warranty for the GPS, and the replacement has the same problem now. The Motorola website says the phone is warranties until May 2018, by according to Motorola warranty department, it actually expired in January. They will not replace the phone unless I pay 125 dollars for out of warranty service. They also refused to acknowledge a known hardware issue with the phone. 

I will never buy Motorola again. They do not care at all about their customers. I'll spend a little more and buy Samsung instead. 

GTaylor1
Punch Card
Views: 1,572
Message 76 of 324

Not sure where you are but BestBuy has phones cheap.
jcecampbell
Paper Tape
Views: 1,569
Message 77 of 324

I'll be picking up a Samsung Galaxy J7. I'm on prepaid Verizon. They're about 160 in stores right now. My wife has one, and it's a great phone. Samsungs don't break like these Motorolas do...

GTaylor1
Punch Card
Views: 1,566
Message 78 of 324

I'm on Verizon prepaid also. But also a cheap **bleep**. My primary use for a phone is for pictures at work (mechanic). Then GPS for travel. Actual phone use is about nil.
Naomon
What's DOS?
Views: 1,391
Message 79 of 324

Re: Moto G4 Play GPS issues

Totally agree. I have an app that shows if you are connected to a satellite and I am. But still cannot have a signal for location. Which tells me it's a software issue. Which I didn't have prior said update.

pmesteves
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,777
Message 80 of 324

Moto G4 play - GPS problem

Hi,

At home we bought 2 new Moto G4 Play, all working ok Over nearly 1 year!

Got updated with 7.1.1 and everything was really working great, the batery now give me for 2 days...

The issue is that we have both received and installed the Security patch on 1 March 2018 and my both GPS dont work...

It says searching GPS...

I have done  all those steps in web,  clean cache and restarted device but with no sucess!

Can you please rollback the Patch?

I NEED THE GPS ! ! !

THIS IS REALLY BAD FOR LENOVO

Top Kudoed Authors