Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
channelzerobe
Paper Tape
Views: 1,328
Message 81 of 324

Re: Moto G4 play - GPS problem

GPS Problem. My phone Moto 4G Play needs a lot of time to be located. No exact location isn't given anymore.

When I bought the phone there was no problem. After a year the GPS started being slow and not accurate. Going back to factorysettings didn't work. Installing GPS fix apps didn't work either. Surfing around on the Internet learned me that there are a lot of Motorola Moto 4G play devices with this problem. I couldn't find a solution.  

pmesteves
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,318
Message 82 of 324

Re: Moto G4 play - GPS problem

A shame from Lenovo/Motorola, they just reply please clean cache, bla bla bla.

Its under the patch and no reply is given to the users!

To solve the issue seems we must buy an iphone maybe...

Naomon
What's DOS?
Views: 1,266
Message 83 of 324

Re: Moto G play GPS stopped working after security patch :-(

Having the same issues. But you know how it is. It's anything but their problem or fault. I guess when they will see an impact on business only then things will get moving. 

RegSK
Paper Tape
Views: 923
Message 84 of 324

Re: GPS has stopped working properly

This is exactly what is happening on my Motorola G4 Play too. Switching off the wireless and bluetooth scanning marginally improved the GPS lock in time, but the turn by turn navigation is still gone. Last week I contacted Lenovo with my IMEI through email, and got a reply that they are working on a patch but that was it - no timeline when this patch will be coming. Tried the chat que the next day, but they still did not commit to any date. Meanwhile it is getting really difficult to do my afterhours delivery work...I swear this is my last Motorola Smiley Mad

pepelegal
Punch Card
Views: 1,043
Message 85 of 324

Re: G4 play,gps not working

Same problem with a Moto Z2 Force with Android 8.0.0 security patch from March 1st 2018. GPS dead! Without Google Maps, Waze and Caynax Sports Tracker. Shame on you Lenovo!

pmesteves
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,026
Message 86 of 324

Re: G4 play,gps not working

Lenovo/Motorola is playing around with the users...

You know its due the last PATCH Security Update, and all you do is tell users to clean cache and bla bla bla, no more anwsers given more on...

What a shame.

PLEASE RESOLVE THE ISSUE ASAP OR DO AN ROLLBACK!

jangeene
Paper Tape
Views: 910
Message 87 of 324

Re: Moto G4 Play GPS issues

I agree it is a software issue. Gpx fix works, but maps and wazedo not connect with GPS. Waze says no GPS. Let Lenovo fix this. And give a new update.
RunNduck
What's DOS?
Views: 885
Message 88 of 324

The GPS is completely unusable on 7.1.1, the update broke it and needs to be fixed. We have two G4 Plays, and both cannot get a fix and will run you into a lake if you try to use them. So, I unlocked mine and downgraded to Marshmallow and guess what. GPS works absolutely perfect again! I have owned at least 7 Moto Gs now, and have gotten my mother a G4 Plus, but this problem is hideous, own up to it Lenovo and fix it or your fans and phone buyers will start looking elsewhere, there's a lot of competition out there...

Blonde09
Punch Card
Views: 873
Message 89 of 324

I have had the same GPS problem with my Verizon Moto G4 Play since the Nougat update.  This is my first Lenovo phone and I am not impressed. I do not know how to go back to Marshmallow or else I would.  So what is the fix...buy a new phone?  It won't be a Lenovo/Motorola phone, that's for sure.

Blonde09
Punch Card
Views: 990
Message 90 of 324

Re: Moto G4 play GPS

There are many complaints about this same issue on various threads.  What's the fix for GPS?  All these phones were affected at the same time.  It's difficult to believe it is a physical hardware service issue.

Top Kudoed Authors