Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicole-oresme
Paper Tape
Views: 312
Message 1 of 3

G4 Play: screeen won't stay off

I have a Moto G4 Play.  When I turn the screen off, it won't stay off.

Every time it brushes my leg, or I look at it funny, the screen turns back on - not completely, just enough to allow me to hit the lock screen - but that's enough that it's continually trying to dial emergency numbers without my asking, just from hitting my leg, and it messes with the audio whenever I'm listening to anything.

I presume this is part of some fancy feature that is supposed to make it quicker for me to turn back on.  But I don't want that.

Does anyone know how to turn that feature off? To make it so, when I hit the power button, the screen turns off, and stays off, until I hit the power button again?

Thanks in advance - Nathan

Former Employee
Views: 277
Message 2 of 3

Re: G4 Play: screeen won't stay off

Hi nicole-oresme,

Thank you for reporting, could you post us a small video showing what you see? We would like to take a look? This will help us better understand and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
nicole-oresme
Paper Tape
Views: 247
Message 3 of 3

Re: G4 Play: screeen won't stay off

I'm not sure how to do that - I can't take a picture of the phone with itself, and I don't have another camera.

But it's pretty simple.  I hit the power button to turn off the screen.  I put the phone down.  I pick it up again, careful not to touch any buttons - the screen turns on, presenting me with the lock screen, waiting for me to put in my pattern, and allowing me to make emergency calls.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors