Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maddyy25
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,128
Message 2 of 68

G4 play proximity sensor not working after update

I updated my Moto g4 play to Android nougat 7.1.1 recently and after the update my proximity sensor has been misbehaving.

When I call, the screen goes black and doesn't come back on until the call ends , even after the call ends I have to press the power button twice to get the screen on .

maddyy25
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,992
Message 1 of 68

Proximity sensor not working after update g4 play

I updated my Moto g4 play to Android nougat 7.1.1 recently and after the update my proximity sensor has been misbehaving.

When I call, the screen goes black and doesn't come back on until the call ends , even after the call ends I have to press the power button twice to get the screen on .

helmarfernandes
Paper Tape
Views: 3,690
Message 3 of 68

Re: G4 play proximity sensor not working after update

Same problem here.
Any help?
JamesMX
What's DOS?
Views: 3,584
Message 4 of 68

Same problem.

After restarting phone work normally for a phew minutes, after this it start to fail and screen keep turn off with every call.

Motoassaam
Paper Tape
Views: 3,132
Message 5 of 68

Same problem as the others the proximity sensors bugs after Android 7.1.1 update, works for some time after rebooting than again the screen turns black on receiving call, using the power button to end call or use the head set.I tried reset, moto service center reinstalled the Android 7.1.1, proximity sensor check is OK , the problem is with software, please resolve , please don't force us to buy new phone different brand

Spacer91
Paper Tape
Views: 3,067
Message 6 of 68

This issue has been affecting me as well. Ever since the 7.1.1 update. There was no issue, prior to updating. Sometimes it will work like it should, and then other times randomly the screen will go black once I start a call. Even if it's just calling into my voicemailbox. It won't resolve itself until I hangup with the power button (And then press it twice), or the other person ends the call.

helmarfernandes
Paper Tape
Views: 3,041
Message 7 of 68

Yes, Very annoying issue. It happens with audio messages from Whatsapp as well.
When I hit the play icon to listen an audio message the screen turns off and the sound lowers to a minimum range that we only can hear with the phone close to the ear
KariZe
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,773
Message 8 of 68

For every person finding their way here to complain about the proximity sensor not working after the forced update, their are, I suspect, 100's more who are just as frustrated but not willing to come here, sign up and scream into the Moto void.

Fix this software glitch or I will be forced to go to a different brand... dragging my customer loyalty with me.

Dabola
Punch Card
Views: 2,747
Message 9 of 68

Same problem here.  After the Android 7.1.1 update I have not been able to reply on any call!  If someones call while the screen are black then I've found no way to reply.  No way to activate the screen.  The buttons will cut the line.  Due to this I've had to call back EVERY call I've got for many weeks.   

I tried to boot into Safety Modus and it's the same problem there.  Due to that it has nothing to do with the apps installed.  (Not that many anyhow).   

I get provocated when I read this thread.  That many of you faced this problem already 3-4 months ago, and the last update was just a few weeks ago here in Norway.   In my eyes this could have been avoided.  Why go on and distribute an update that cause error and completely makes the phone useless?   Or is it related to hardware error?  Two years ago other got problem with the Proximity sensor: Another thread

When someone call from large companies then it's the standard number on the display, and impossible to call back.  Due to that I have to tell everyone; -When you call the line will get broken.  Then please call back immediately.   Due to this I have spent a lot of effort to avoid the screen saver to activate during the last weeks.   I am almost on the limit where I will throw the Moto into the garbage!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,673
Message 10 of 68

@helmarfernandes wrote:
Yes, Very annoying issue. It happens with audio messages from Whatsapp as well.
When I hit the play icon to listen an audio message the screen turns off and the sound lowers to a minimum range that we only can hear with the phone close to the ear

Hi, Spacer91 and helmarfernandes.

Sorry for the delay in response, could you please let us know if you are still facing issues? Also, please update your IMEI number on file for further investigation.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Top Kudoed Authors