Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spacer91
Paper Tape
Views: 936
Message 11 of 68

Re: G4 play proximity sensor not working after update

Hey there Swaraj, thank you for the reply.

The issue does indeed still persist, and I just updated my IMEI.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 923
Message 12 of 68

@Dabola wrote:

Same problem here.  After the Android 7.1.1 update I have not been able to reply on any call!  If someones call while the screen are black then I've found no way to reply.  No way to activate the screen.  The buttons will cut the line.  Due to this I've had to call back EVERY call I've got for many weeks.   

I tried to boot into Safety Modus and it's the same problem there.  Due to that it has nothing to do with the apps installed.  (Not that many anyhow).   

I get provocated when I read this thread.  That many of you faced this problem already 3-4 months ago, and the last update was just a few weeks ago here in Norway.   In my eyes this could have been avoided.  Why go on and distribute an update that cause error and completely makes the phone useless?   Or is it related to hardware error?  Two years ago other got problem with the Proximity sensor: Another thread

When someone call from large companies then it's the standard number on the display, and impossible to call back.  Due to that I have to tell everyone; -When you call the line will get broken.  Then please call back immediately.   Due to this I have spent a lot of effort to avoid the screen saver to activate during the last weeks.   I am almost on the limit where I will throw the Moto into the garbage!

Hi, Dabola.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused, thank you for bringing this to us, just to narrow down the issue-- could you please perform wipe cache partition on your device and observe? Let us know if this helps?

Meanwhile, let me investigate on this and get back to you.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

helmarfernandes
Paper Tape
Views: 912
Message 13 of 68

Yes, the problem still persists.

I didn't understand where should I inform my IMEI.

Thanks

Dabola
Punch Card
Views: 908
Message 14 of 68

Thanks for your help,  Swaraj!

Something positive happened after wiping the Pache Partition.   The process went well by your receipt.  I enclose a few pictures of the process, for all others that has no experience with Recovery Mode.

A friend of me just called me a few times.  Now I am able to reply - by the on/off button.   Still the screen remain black.  And where ever I touch the screen and press the proximity sensor; no response.   But now the power button activates the screen with the message; "Return back to active call".   When I press that choice by the screen I face the standard reply button;  Green circle to drag to the outer circle...

Three steps takes time but from now on I should be able to reply - if I'm rapid.    Swaraj, I would be glad if you try to give me some furhter advices. Perhaps we could take the final steps together and bring it back to how it was the first 10 months of its life...

LasseIMGP8976_cr.jpgIMGP8978_cr.jpgIMGP8979_cr.JPG

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 872
Message 15 of 68

@helmarfernandes wrote:

Yes, the problem still persists.

I didn't understand where should I inform my IMEI.

Thanks

You can update your profile hear with IMEI and other details for further investigation   - Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 873
Message 16 of 68

@Spacer91 wrote:

Hey there Swaraj, thank you for the reply.

The issue does indeed still persist, and I just updated my IMEI.

Hello, Spacer91.

Thank you for the confirmation, could you please perform factory data reset without restoring any apps on your device and observe for few days. Let us know how it goes? Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 867
Message 17 of 68

@Dabola wrote:

Thanks for your help,  Swaraj!

Something positive happened after wiping the Pache Partition.   The process went well by your receipt.  I enclose a few pictures of the process, for all others that has no experience with Recovery Mode.

A friend of me just called me a few times.  Now I am able to reply - by the on/off button.   Still the screen remain black.  And where ever I touch the screen and press the proximity sensor; no response.   But now the power button activates the screen with the message; "Return back to active call".   When I press that choice by the screen I face the standard reply button;  Green circle to drag to the outer circle...

Three steps takes time but from now on I should be able to reply - if I'm rapid.    Swaraj, I would be glad if you try to give me some furhter advices. Perhaps we could take the final steps together and bring it back to how it was the first 10 months of its life...

LasseIMGP8976_cr.jpgIMGP8978_cr.jpgIMGP8979_cr.JPG

Sure! Let me investigate this further and report to our product team. We will keep you posted on any further updates received. Just to confirm again, have you tested in device help app - proximity sensors. If yes, may I know what is the observation?

Meanwhile, Please update your profile with your device IMEI number-- this will help me investigate.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Dabola
Punch Card
Views: 841
Message 18 of 68

Yes, the sensor passed the test. And now my profile include the IMEI number.
DavidLópezArce
Fanfold Paper
Views: 815
Message 19 of 68

Please keep me posted too in case you find out a solution for this problem. Is really annoying.

Pronab77
Fanfold Paper
Views: 785
Message 20 of 68

Hi Swaraj,

Facing same issue. Tried weeping out part also but issue is still same. I have updated my IMEI #. Please help me to fix the issue.

Top Kudoed Authors