Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 731
Message 41 of 68

Re: G4 play proximity sensor not working after update

@DavidLópezArce wrote:

Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EkaFaJRkAmNJcVPbzTeNkbKh4-tSs4-0/view?usp=drivesdk

Thank you so much for the feedback and we wish this could help you guys to find out where the problem is.

Hi, DavidLópezArce.

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Update your profile -link

Best,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

DavidLópezArce
Fanfold Paper
Views: 721
Message 42 of 68

Okay.
Thanks for the feedback again, I just updated my device information on my account settings, let me know if you need something more.

Dabola
Punch Card
Views: 660
Message 43 of 68

Swaraj wrote: "It would be great if you can share us a video showing the actual issue for us to further look into the same".

Do you want me to use a 2nd mobilephone and make a video of the process I have to go through - to reply?   Is that neccessary?  It's easy to explain.   Sometimes it doesn't help to press the power button, somethimes it does... (The volume button has no effect).    In such case a menu of 3 alternatives pop up on the screen.  Where the 2nd is "Return back to active call" (in Norwegian language).  When I press that I get the standard read circle where I reply by dragging the red icon to the right edge of the circle.   And I reply.   

For me its easier to make some printscreens.   But do you prefer a video made by another phone?  

Finally, its another point I have not bothered to tell you, and thats a pixel error at the top left edge of the screen.  A yellow area,  approx 1 x 2,5 cm.   I don't think think this error is as old as the problems to reply/black screen.  This has most probably nothing to do with the main problem; to be able to reply.     A picture;

IMGP9084b.JPG

Sherry007
Paper Tape
Views: 611
Message 44 of 68

My Moto G4 play also has proximity sensor issues. When I make a phone call the screen goes black. As a quick fix I hook up earbud headphones to get a screen. Then hit the power button and the screen comes up. Kind of a hassle but it works.
Sherry007
Paper Tape
Views: 607
Message 45 of 68

Will there be an update soon to fix this problem?
DavidLópezArce
Fanfold Paper
Views: 557
Message 46 of 68

Once again I am here to say this is not working. Today I had to call to my internet service provider and the auto-commuter asked me to type my service number with my dial pad. Simple thing that I could not do, because my screen is totally useless during calls. I had to call from my home phone. 

I got tired of this annoying problem, I am using my iPhone again.

I still want a solution, I paid for this phone enough to have these BASIC functionalities, it's ridiculous that you guys can't solve a very basic stuff.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 531
Message 47 of 68

Hello everyone,

If you have already tested in device help app with positive results then the next option would be to perform "factory data reset" without restoring any apps and observing. Hope this helps.

If the reports fail in "device help app" please share us the Bug report and make sure to update your profile.

Meanwhile, please be advised that we have already reported this to our product team for further investigation. We will keep you posted on any updates received.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Thiasm
What's DOS?
Views: 482
Message 48 of 68

Same problem, nothing helps... :-(

Is therr anything we can do ?? Update??

DavidLópezArce
Fanfold Paper
Views: 437
Message 49 of 68

Hello.
Any update about this issue?

DavidLópezArce
Fanfold Paper
Views: 400
Message 50 of 68

Heey, after being looking and looking possible solutions, I finally found a very functional one:
Get rid of the stock Android version by Motorola and install a custom one called "[Removed]" no bugs, no nothing. Works great and you guys will love your phone after installing this ROM.
If you need more information about how to do it, contact me: [Remove]
Thanks to all Motorola Support Team by the way...

Edited for Site Rules violation: Privacy, we do not allow links to and excessive discussion or promotion of any non-standard software loads for locked devices; and any discussion, links or instruction for updating Motorola device software other than those sanctioned by Motorola or in the areas designated for that activity. -Swaraj

Top Kudoed Authors