Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ManicGypsy
What's DOS?
Views: 547
Message 51 of 68

Re: G4 play proximity sensor not working after update

Are there any updates on this issue?  I just updated to Nougat a few days ago, and now I can't use my screen during calls.  This is really bad when you need to call somewhere that requires you to push buttons to connect to people.  I am now regretting updating the phone to Nougat, it worked fine before that.

Fabio46
Blue Screen Again
Views: 525
Message 52 of 68

Nossa gente cadê o suporte  todos nós estamos passando por isso vcs tem que resolver logo 

Fabio46
Blue Screen Again
Views: 525
Message 53 of 68

Eu TBM tô com o mesmo problema
RobbyG2112
Fanfold Paper
Views: 364
Message 54 of 68

Is there any fix for this issue yet?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 340
Message 55 of 68

@RobbyG2112 wrote:

Is there any fix for this issue yet?

Hello RobbyG2112,

We are sorry to learn about that, can we test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Mikyy
What's DOS?
Views: 239
Message 56 of 68

I do have exactly same problem... Everything worked just fine prior to Android 7.1.1 upgrade.

Please help to get it solved ASAP

praveen02s
Paper Tape
Views: 203
Message 57 of 68

Hello Developers,

I have gone through all the discussions(in all 6 pages) that are posted related to this thread. I'm facing same issue. Whenever I call someone, the screen goes blank and will not turn on untill the person disconnects the call. This is the horrible experience for me coz I can't do literally anything during the call. I tried to check my mobile in safe mode too. Intially when we turn the mobile on, it will work for 2 or 3 hrs and then the same problem is repeating. Tired of contacting customer representative for the answers. Please help me. earlier help is really appreciated.

Thank you.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 183
Message 58 of 68

@Mikyy wrote:

I do have exactly same problem... Everything worked just fine prior to Android 7.1.1 upgrade.

Please help to get it solved ASAP

Hello there,

Could you quickly test your device in device help app > hardware > proximity sensor > let us know what do you see?

May I also know if you are facing the same issue as others on this thread about call screen being turned black?

Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 181
Message 59 of 68

@praveen02s wrote:

Hello Developers,

I have gone through all the discussions(in all 6 pages) that are posted related to this thread. I'm facing same issue. Whenever I call someone, the screen goes blank and will not turn on untill the person disconnects the call. This is the horrible experience for me coz I can't do literally anything during the call. I tried to check my mobile in safe mode too. Intially when we turn the mobile on, it will work for 2 or 3 hrs and then the same problem is repeating. Tired of contacting customer representative for the answers. Please help me. earlier help is really appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello praveen02s,

Sorry to hear about this, this is odd-- can we quickly test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know if that makes any difference?

Also, if you can test your device in device help app > hardware test > Proximity and let us if your device passes the test. You can share us the screenshot too.

Finally please confirm -- if you are using any case or cover on your device which might be interrupting the process?

Thanks,

Swaraj,

Moto Support

praveen02s
Paper Tape
Views: 174
Message 60 of 68

Hi Swaraj,

Thanks for the response. I did check the proximity sensor with hardware test, it is working fine. Most of the times it is responding but sometimes it is not responding, I don't know why. And nothing is blocking the proximity sensor like tempered glass or case. In the help application while doing proximity sensor test, it is working fine. But when I call someone again the screen turns off and it won't turn on again untill someone disconnects the call. Please help me with the solution.

Thank you.

Top Kudoed Authors