Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MT888
Paper Tape
Views: 274
Message 1 of 7

Gray lock screen

The lock screen on my Moto G4 has a gray filter or something over it that darkens my lock screen wallpaper so that I can hardly see it. My mom has a G4 as well, exact same, and her lock screen doesn't do this, but mine has been this way since I got the phone. It's a minor issue I suppose but it's driving me nuts. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 266
Message 2 of 7

Re: Gray lock screen

Hi MT888,

Appreciate your post, I'd like to check this. Can you send us a sample screenshot of the lock screen? Does it still the same even after changing the lock screen wallpaper? Also, please confirm the current Operating System of your phone, just go to Settings > About Phone > Android Version). Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

MT888
Paper Tape
Views: 258
Message 3 of 7

Hi Rich,

Thanks. I'm using Android version 7.0. The problem remains regardless of which wallpaper I use. Here are some screenshots of it on lock screen and home screen with the same background. It's more annoying when I have a photo wall paper but I didn't use one of those for privacy reasons.

Highlighted
MT888
Paper Tape
Views: 257
Message 4 of 7

It would only let me post one photo at a time. Here is the other.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 216
Message 5 of 7

Hi MT888,

Thanks for the screenshots. I just checked our phones running Nougat and it looks like this is working as designed. The shade of the wallpaper in the lock screen is a little bit darker than the shade of the wallpaper in the home screen. Thanks for the feedback though. I'll pass it along.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

MT888
Paper Tape
Views: 213
Message 6 of 7

So it's supposed to be doing this and there's no way to get it to stop? It's really annoying. When I have a photo as my lockscreen wallpaper I can hardly see it at all. My mother's Moto G4 doesn't do this, you can see her lockscreen wallpaper as clear as day so I thought there must be a way to get rid of it. If I pick a beautiful wallpaper or a picture of my family I want to be able to see it.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 193
Message 7 of 7

Hi MT888,

I tested both Nougat and Oreo and the lock screen wallpaper is a shade darker than the home screen. I even adjusted the brightness and it's just the same.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors