Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sundar_lenovo
Paper Tape
Views: 4,308
Message 1 of 10

How to recover photos after factory reset

Due to some other bug after nougat update I did factory reset by thought of taken backup. But unfortunately that backup got corrupted. Is anyway to recover my photos from internal memory. 

My phone is not rooted. Shall I check with service center? Or is other any software can recover without rooting.

Thanks,

Sundar

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 4,300
Message 2 of 10

Re: How to recover photos after factory reset

@sundar_lenovo wrote:

Due to some other bug after nougat update I did factory reset by thought of taken backup. But unfortunately that backup got corrupted. Is anyway to recover my photos from internal memory. 

My phone is not rooted. Shall I check with service center? Or is other any software can recover without rooting.

Thanks,

Sundar

If you did a factory data reset and the photos were not backed up, there is no way to recover them. We always recommend using one of the many automated back-up tools (Google, Drop-box, Facebook Moments) to avoid situations like this one. Sorry you lost your pictures.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 4,294
Message 3 of 10

@sundar_lenovo wrote:

Thanks,

Sundar

Check to see if google photos backup was turned on... hopefully it was. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
wanat
Paper Tape
Views: 4,117
Message 4 of 10

Without backups, the data recovery program is the last method you can try. Use some data recovery tools, Recuva or MobiKin Android Recovery to recover the lost files.

FrankieS
Paper Tape
Views: 3,607
Message 5 of 10

If you have set up to sync before factory reset, you can get back your data by restoring the backup file. But if no, maybe you can try some recovery tool like FORecovery to help you out. Indeed those deleted data are just marked as invisible inside your phone, there is still hope for recovery.

FrankieS
Paper Tape
Views: 3,607
Message 6 of 10

Check out your backup file by signing into your G account in Google Photos. You can also check in DropBox.

shshxiaojing
Paper Tape
Views: 2,886
Message 7 of 10

I try FoneCope software and it worked, retrieved my photos after factory recovery. I recently have galaxy s5. By the way, this tool rooted my phone.

EmilyBaker
Punch Card
Views: 1,604
Message 8 of 10

Factory reset is a function on Android phones which can clear up all the data like contacts, messages, call logs, photos, applications, etc. and reboot the phone to its original state. Thus, it would be a helpful feature for the people who want to resell their devices or need to fix some system errors on their phones. So far, it seems that factory reset is very serviceable for Android users. But after completing the reset, restoring data from the formatted phone would be a hard task.

Normally, you have two ways to retrieve data from their formatted Phone- restore them from backup or use a professional recovery software.

rizscott
Paper Tape
Views: 129
Message 9 of 10

Well, I don't know if you want to improve the performance of your phone or for other reasons. But I think you should check the Internet before you do this to see what the consequences will be. Because performing a factory reset will erase all data from the Android phone's internal storage and restore the phone to its default factory settings. This means that all contacts, messages, call logs, images, videos, audio, documents and other files stored in the phone will be completely deleted. Sometimes people may accidentally click on the Factory Reset button without first backing up these important Android files, which is why you can find so many such problems online: "However to restore the image after a factory reset? ”
Fortunately, this world will always give people a chance, you can restore android after factory reset.

sundarS
What's DOS?
Views: 31
Message 10 of 10

@rizscott wrote:

Well, I don't know if you want to improve the performance of your phone or for other reasons. But I think you should check the Internet before you do this to see what the consequences will be. Because performing a factory reset will erase all data from the Android phone's internal storage and restore the phone to its default factory settings. This means that all contacts, messages, call logs, images, videos, audio, documents and other files stored in the phone will be completely deleted. Sometimes people may accidentally click on the Factory Reset button without first backing up these important Android files, which is why you can find so many such problems online: "However to restore the image after a factory reset? ”
Fortunately, this world will always give people a chance, you can restore android after factory reset.

It seems to make sense.

Top Kudoed Authors