Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 5 (110 Views)

How to rid off prompt for outgoing call (to pick operator or Google Voice) on default phone app ?

After installing Google voice on my G4 play, whenever calling using the default blue "phone" app, it no longer places the direct call but would prompt for choices of operator (for the direct call) or Google Voice. The latter choice would not complete successfully (Google voice calls from Hangouts dialer are OK)

How do I get rid of this prompt? (default app cannot unnstall - reinstall)

Note that I install Google Voice on my Moto E without any issue.

Also wonder if I will get the same issue if install GV on my wife's G4

Senior MotoAgent
Message 2 of 5 (78 Views)

Re: How to rid off prompt for outgoing call (to pick operator or Google Voice) on default phone app

Hi long4short,

This is unusual. Can you share a screenshot of the prompts that you are getting so we can have a better picture of the issue?

Would you also please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Broadband 3G
Message 3 of 5 (73 Views)

Re: How to rid off prompt for outgoing call (to pick operator or Google Voice) on default phone app

long4short wrote:

After installing Google voice on my G4 play, whenever calling using the default blue "phone" app, it no longer places the direct call but would prompt for choices of operator (for the direct call) or Google Voice. The latter choice would not complete successfully (Google voice calls from Hangouts dialer are OK)

How do I get rid of this prompt? (default app cannot unnstall - reinstall)

Note that I install Google Voice on my Moto E without any issue.

Also wonder if I will get the same issue if install GV on my wife's G4

While I can't test this theory right at the moment, it SOUNDS as if the "Ask every time" option is set in Google Voice. There are usually 3 or 4 options from which to choose. You may also be able to approach the problem by clearing cache for Google Voice AND for the default dialer app, and see if you are prompted to choose a default again.

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 5 (64 Views)

RevLauren: U were right on.

Can't find GV in settings/Apps nor can't find options or cache to clear.

But uninstalled GV, the issue of phone unwanted prompt cleared.

Reinstalled GV and chose the "NO" option to use the device's phone for GV calls.

And voila, phone kept working w/o prompt.

Broadband 3G
Message 5 of 5 (61 Views)

long4short wrote:

RevLauren: U were right on.

Can't find GV in settings/Apps nor can't find options or cache to clear.

But uninstalled GV, the issue of phone unwanted prompt cleared.

Reinstalled GV and chose the "NO" option to use the device's phone for GV calls.

And voila, phone kept working w/o prompt.

Glad it worked for you!

Top Kudoed Authors