Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raghurajmummidi
Paper Tape
Views: 8,138
Message 1 of 12

In Moto G4 Play voice problem during calls

Hi.. I had a big problem during calls I can't hear the others voice in bit a sec and they also have the problem the break in the calls I can't understand please how to fix problem....
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 7,792
Message 2 of 12

Re: In Moto G4 Play voice problem during calls

@raghurajmummidi wrote:
Hi.. I had a big problem during calls I can't hear the others voice in bit a sec and they also have the problem the break in the calls I can't understand please how to fix problem....

Here are some great troubleshooting videos that cover safe mode, cache clear, and factory reset. Try these suggestions and let us know

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Owner-s-Blog/The-DIY-Movement-why-not-for-your-phone/ba-p/3375...

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Jlo31
Paper Tape
Views: 7,737
Message 3 of 12

I have same issues and am on second phone from Amazon.

Seems that when the signal is a little weak the Moto G4 play can't cope and normally one side of the conversaton drops and then 5 seconds later the call drops.

Also when ringing from a different phone you can here the moto g4 ring and sometimes when you answer its as though no one is there but on the senders phone its still ringing and then just goes to voice mail.

This must be a hardwear fault???

Its a shame because other than this its a great phone.

magicalde
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,609
Message 4 of 12

Same problem here... Any idea how to solve this?

Any action from Lenovo / Motorola?

magicalde
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,608
Message 5 of 12

Not useful... at least with my G4 Play. Phone looses connection very often, starts with my partner not hearing me (but as connection is not bad at all, I can hear him / her perfectly...) and some seconds later the call is ended. Not sure if the G4 play cancels the call or the other side but the result is the same: cut off during call.

The problem was there from the beginning, so FDR couldn't help anyway, same with all the other "help" videos, no help from them, nothing worked so far. Very frustrating with a new device.

magicalde
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,604
Message 6 of 12

[del]

[del]

Jlo31
Paper Tape
Views: 7,599
Message 7 of 12

I know I feel for you.

I ended up returning the phone to Amazon for a replacement and then the second phone did exactly the same. 

I returned that one for a refund and bought a cheaper 'blu' phone off amazon which works perfectly.

I am sure there must be an issue on how the moto play manages weaker signals.

It would me nice for Lenova to aknowledge the issue and fix it. 

ST067
What's DOS?
Views: 7,356
Message 8 of 12

I'm having the exact same problem.

It starts with the other person not being able to hear you, and then a few seconds later the call is dropped. I've tried all the "troubleshooting advice". I even tried changing to a brand new sim card. The problem remains.

The phone simply can not be used for phone calls.

And Lenovo seems to be thoroughly ignoring the issue.

JohnTravolta
What's DOS?
Views: 6,226
Message 9 of 12

I have exactly the same. I receive a call, after a while the other side can not hear me anymore, while I can still here them. The signal strenght indicates full strenght, and then the call ends. At this point the signal indicator shows no signal at all.

Typical signal strenght here is -100 dBm, which might not be great, but apparently this doesn't lead to poor call quality, but the inability to call at all with this phone. Hope Lenovo picks up one this. 

sweetsuicide
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,594
Message 10 of 12

Same here.

I asked Amazon for a replacement.

Top Kudoed Authors