Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 29 (5,816 Views)

Is 0-100% in 15 mins turbo charging real??

Is this claim by Motorola real?? What are the conditions??

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 29 (5,738 Views)

Re: Is 0-100% in 15 mins turbo charging real??

The phone doesn't make that claim.  It says up to 6 hour of power in 15 minutes of charging, and for the phone to charge that quickly, it must be substantially depleted.  As the battery fills, the charging rate slows down.

Blue Screen Again
Message 3 of 29 (5,733 Views)

So it's all just fake marketing stategy like Last time sony sold z5 saying 4K??? Nearly how much time will it take to charge from 0% too 100% in real life?? 

Motorola Admin
Message 4 of 29 (5,728 Views)

Sathwikrao575 wrote:

So it's all just fake marketing stategy like Last time sony sold z5 saying 4K??? Nearly how much time will it take to charge from 0% too 100% in real life?? 

That seems a little unfair. It's not easy to explain something as complex as TurboCharging in a sentence. But all the information is provided on the marketing page, and TurboCharging is a real thing that can be a huge benefit.

Actual claim:

Give your battery a quick energy boost so you can power up and get going. The included TurboPower™ charger gives Moto G Plus up to 6 hours of power in just 15 minutes of charging.¹

1. Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses. All battery life claims are approximate and based on an average mixed use profile that includes both usage and standby time on a 4G LTE network. Out-of-box settings are applied to the mixed use profile to project battery performance. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns.

Blue Screen Again
Message 5 of 29 (5,724 Views)

Even same when I switch off and charge....My phone takes nearly 1 hour 40 mins to charge from 0 to 100% :/  Should I get it replaced from Amazon??? Then why do Moto fool people by saying 6  hours charge in 15 mins?? To increase sales by fooling??

Topics: 40
Kudos: 2,782
Solutions: 930
Message 6 of 29 (5,725 Views)

Sathwikrao575 wrote:

I can tell you it will charge about 2x - 3x faster then it would compared to a regular charger.  Nothing fake about that. 

* Search is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Message 7 of 29 (5,725 Views)

Sathwikrao575 wrote:

Even same when I switch off and charge....My phone takes nearly 1 hour 40 mins to charge from 0 to 100% :/  Should I get it replaced from Amazon??? Then why do Moto fool people by saying 6  hours charge in 15 mins?? To increase sales by fooling??

If you used a standard charger it would take about 3 hours. Quick charge varies the voltage and amps so as not to DAMAGE the battery. It charges fast when empty and slows as it gets full. This is Qualcomm Quickcharge technology - you can read many Internet reviews on it, and it works. 

Your phone appears to be normal - also, if your phone is ON, it is using power while charging - so the apps running can slow the charging the process as they are draining battery. 

Motorola Admin
Message 8 of 29 (5,697 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sathwikrao575 wrote:

It's a very precise promise. Let's say you are streaming movies or something and your phone is out of battery by 6:00 PM. The promise is that in 15 minutes, you will have enough power to make it through the end of most days. And the overall charging time is much faster than most phones.

As for your specific question - no, don't exchange it. There is nothing wrong with your phone and all Moto G4s will work the same. If TurboCharging is not what you expected, you should return your phone for a refund. I hope you find that the phone is satisfying overall and you keep it!

Blue Screen Again
Message 9 of 29 (5,613 Views)

Does anyone experience goat touch problem while charging with extreme hearing ? My device is facing this , is it normal or do I need to go for a replacement?

Message 10 of 29 (5,612 Views)

Saivarun21 wrote:

Does anyone experience goat touch problem while charging with extreme hearing ? My device is facing this , is it normal or do I need to go for a replacement?

If your issue is not related to Turbo charging, then please post in the appropriate thread or start a new one.

I am not sure if you have made typos or have a different problem as I am not familiar with "goat touch" and I assume that "extreme hearing" should be heating - if so, provide some kind of statistics, as phones do get hot with use, and everyone's idea of hot is different and is based on use. 

Again, don't reply to me here, use the proper thread or create a new one. 

Top Kudoed Authors