Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choochie
Paper Tape
Views: 259
Message 1 of 8

LMSA problem- re-flash of G4

My G4 has an odd problem where the audio output functions all stop working after a short while after re-starting.  Speaker and earpiece both do everything initially, but a while later neither do anything.

After trying a Factory Reset with Motorola support (to no avail), I'd like to re-flash the original ROM firmware.  That's what is on the phone, but I can only assume that it's somhow corrupted.

It looks like it should be easily done with this LMSA tool, but I can't get it to work correctly.   It indicates that the LMSA is not communicating with the phone.

Instructions are to enter Fastboot mode and then connect a USB cable between the phone and computer.  That's what I do.

Phone indicates : "AP Fastboot Flash mode (secure)"  which seems likely to be correct.

At the bottom of the screen it says "Transfer mode: USB connected" after I do so.

But LMSA says "wait enter Fastboot mode"  "there is no device connected in Fastboot mode.  Please select again".

Hmmm.  Why is that?  Any suggest solutions?

Thank you

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 196
Message 2 of 8

Re: LMSA problem- re-flash of G4

Hi Choochie,

Thanks for posting. It looks like your computer does not detect the phone. Does your computer detect the phone in non-fastboot mode? Try using a different USB port or a different USB cable. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Choochie
Paper Tape
Views: 168
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.  Yes; it turned-out that the cable I was using had some problem.   I finally got to this last evening.  I had lots of questions about the LMSA software, but they mostly went away once I had a good connection between the computer and phone.

So I accomplished a re-flash, but it didn't solve my problem.  I felt sure that it would.  I'll start a new thread describing my problem to see if anyone has an idea.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 159
Message 4 of 8

Hi Choochie,

Try performing a factory data reset without restoring apps and your Google account. Try to monitor your phone for a few hours. If that does not work then we suggest sending in the phone to a service center for repair. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
Choochie
Paper Tape
Views: 146
Message 5 of 8

Thank you.  I'll try that.  I did do a factory reset, but also restored the apps.  (not so many; no games, etc.)  and the problem persisted.  I also ran under Safemode after startup (no apps), and still had my problem.  No audio to the loudspeaker or ear-speaker, although both work for a time after a power startup.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 105
Message 6 of 8

Hi Choochie,

This is a follow-up post. Have you already done the factory reset? If yes, how did it go? 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Choochie
Paper Tape
Views: 91
Message 7 of 8

Hello Zeke.  Thanks for checking in.  I did not yet do it, since it would have made the phone even less  useful than it has been (no contacts I think, if I don't restore the Google account).  I was waiting for the replacement phone I bought a month ago (Nokia) to be returned from servicing.  I do have it now.  It out-of-the-blue turned into a brick a week and a half ago.  Just having all kinds of phone fun.

I will do the factory reset in the next day or so and let you know how it goes.  

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 52
Message 8 of 8

Hi Choochie,

Please make sure not to restore your apps/backup after doing the factory data reset. Check and see if there's a speaker/receiver sound. You can test the device Help app/Moto help app > Diagnosis > Hardware Test > Speaker > Receive. Let us know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support