cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fixxxer102233
What's DOS?
Views: 959
Message 31 of 75

Re: Looking for help with your Moto phone?

someone at moto please be aware your bootloader unlock site is down with a 404 error.

Thei
SCSI Port
Views: 952
Message 32 of 75

My phone's internal storage is one and I cannot choose anymore for sd or phone storage becourse they are together one big phone storage. But... I believe You don't realy understand what I am searching for. It isn,t that I like to store the pictures at my sd cart . I would like to store some pics in my phone and it doesn't matter if they get stored in my phone memory or at my sd.

The problem for me is , all my pictures go to a cloud or something like that called google photo and get stored extern. The only thing i want is that I can decide myself where i like to store my pictures or other things. With my extra 64 gb + the stock 16 gb there should be enough internal storage to keep some pictures ,,in,, my phone.

Do I need an extra app to do this?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 948
Message 33 of 75

What happens when you open the Photos app?

Thei
SCSI Port
Views: 945
Message 34 of 75

My photo app is the stock google foto app and when I do open it , i see the pictures stored extern at google photo

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 939
Message 35 of 75

I think you have sync turned on, which is a good thing.  If you see the same pictures when you log into your Google account on a computer, that means that Google is backing up your photos.  What you're seeing in the app on the phone is what's on the phone.  

RevLauren
Bit Torrent
Views: 937
Message 36 of 75

Sorry that we've had some difficulty getting to your main issue.

To turn OFF backing up photos to Google Cloud,

Open PHOTOS app. Top left corner is menu that looks like 3 horizontal lines stacked up. Tap that.

On the next menu that slides out from the left, choose SETTINGS

Tap Back up and Sync ... Turn OFF slide switch.

BUT... as @crystallet has pointed out, if you don't use some kind of backup, and you lose your phone, then the photos are gone for good. But of course you can transfer them to your PC or something similar.

Thei
SCSI Port
Views: 927
Message 37 of 75

Alright,😇 now I understand a litle bit more from this phone.

So the pictures i make with ,, this ,, phone get stored in my phone too. That was what I didn't know and it was what I prefered. That this pictures also get a backup at the google cloud is not a problem for me, but I thought that the photo's captured with this phone only got stored at google photo.

i just checked at the photo app wich pics show up when my phone is off line and it showed me all the pics made with this camera, but i also could see other pics I made with my Ipad or with my panasonic camera, I did upload to google foto before. I only could see a few of the older pics and not all. That should be o.k. I believe becourse the older pics are at the cloud and not in this phone, but it is stranche that if offline i can see pics I made 60 days back when i did not own this phone and that pics where made with my ipad

RevLauren
Bit Torrent
Views: 925
Message 38 of 75

I'm very glad this issue is understood now. The reason you may see photos taken with other phones on your NEW phone is because you backed up those old photos to the cloud and when you added your Google account to your new phone, it likely transferred some of your content to the new phone. So it's not too strange after all. Smiley Happy

cga632
Paper Tape
Views: 915
Message 39 of 75

I am having a very strange problem with my new Moto G Plus 64GB. I received the first phone from Amazon last Monday and every 45 to 60 minutes it would say no sim card until I rebooted and it would go another 45 to 60 minutes and disappear again. I was using a sim card from my Moto E which had worked flawlessly for years. I took the phone to an ATT corporate store where they gave me a new sim card. Around 45 minutes later that one disappeared as well. Their tech told me the phone may have a bad card reader.

I returned that phone to Amazon and they replaced it today. Imagine my surprise when 50 minutes after putting in the sim card it disappeared again and continues to do so every 45 to 60 minutes. I noticed that the sim card slots on both phones don't have the typical push in all the way and the card pops out. I have done every type of troubleshooting and have not come up with a solution. The new sim card works fine in my old Moto E. I hate to return another phone to Amazon and I really like all the features on the Plus so if anyone has any suggestions other than putting the card in again and hoping for the best, I would really appreciate it.

Thei
SCSI Port
Views: 912
Message 40 of 75

Thank you very much for your great help RevLauren.

Top Kudoed Authors