Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sifcell
What's DOS?
Views: 117
Message 1 of 2

MOTO G4 PLAY MTP NOT WORKING EVEN WITH DATA TRANSFER USB

Okay, here's the deal --

Yesterday for some reason my Moto G4 Play suddenly lost all of my saved setting, contacts, etc. Pretty much everything that was not saved on the MicroSD card. I am unable to receive phone calls (incoming calls go straight to Voice Mail), and there are no notifications from anything - apps, texts, VM, --- NOTHING.  The top notification bar just indicates battery level, cell strength, and BT connection.  Swiping down on the notification bar only brings up one row showing Wi-Fi, cell strength, battery, alarms, flashlight, and rotate.  If I open an app the Home button (little circle in the middle at the bottom) does nothing. I have to press the Back button to exit.

I looked in File Manager and see everything on my MicroSD card is still there (photos, videos, etc), but I had that set as internal memory, so the card will not be read my my PC if I take it out and use the adapter.  If I connect my phone to my PC using a data transfer USB, I cannot select Use USB to Transfer Files, because the option doesn't exist.

**bleep**?

Please help. Fast.

Porphyrius
802.11n
Views: 104
Message 2 of 2

Re: MOTO G4 PLAY MTP NOT WORKING EVEN WITH DATA TRANSFER USB

See this recent post,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/motorola-one-motorola-one-power/moto-one-power-cant-connect-to-pc/m-p/4...

Also and unfortunately the use of SD cards as Internal memory has some limits that none of the providers warn about AFAIK.It's a pretty recent thing,well as since Android Marshmallow so people and phone providers aren't up-to-speed on it's limits.

If you remove the SD card from the phone and it's been used as Internal memory you can lose all the data instantly or at least that's what happened to me when I recently tested this.Now I did not,"Eject" the SD card from within the phone but just took it out for a second and then put it back in and sure enough all the data on it was gone Smiley Sad

I may test again on my Spare backup phone.

Luckily I have all my stuff Google synced and,"Cloud Saved" using,"Google Drive" as well as hard copies so I can mess around without losing much and also Hard copies on my Laptop/PC.

Back in the day(Only a few years ago) I used to get round the very small Internal memory of the phones I had by,"Rooting" the phones and using an inexpensive app I actually bought called,"Link2SD".By formatting the SD card into two partitions you can use some of the card to move apps to it if the app allows it and the other part as normal SD card external memory and this was a much more robust way of doing things methinks.

As my G3 only has 8gig Internal I may well do this if I start running out of internal memory but I'm pretty strict with myself because of old-habits.

Top Kudoed Authors