Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diptanjan
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 40,176
Message 1 of 30

MOTO G4 PLUS USB OTG ISSUE-PROBLEM & SOLUTION

Guys,I have recently noticed that Moto G 4 plus does not support file transfer to USB devices via OTG...you can only copy a file in the usb and paste it to ur device internal storage...It was a very big issue for me....because I need to transfer files from the phone into the pendrive very often...... I have searched many websites for any available solution...There are many so called solution in internet..but nothing actually could resolve this issue... But after several attempts I have found a solution....So here it is for u guys who want to enjoy the full functionality of USB ON THE GO... Just download SOLID FILE EXPLORER AND SOLID FILE EXPLORER USB PLUG IN...... And install them...Then u can find the USB DEVICE along with internal storage in the sidebar....just click on the usb device and Grant access to the usb device...and that s all........ u can now enjoy the full functionality of USB ON THE GO.... UNFORTUNATELY BOTH THE APK ARE to be purchased from google play store...but hey......We should support the deeveloper for their effort....
androwide1
Paper Tape
Views: 31,377
Message 2 of 30

Re: MOTO G4 PLUS USB OTG ISSUE-PROBLEM & SOLUTION

i Have also faced this same issue on my moto G4 Plus, but i have got a solutions on this website, visit now to get solution : http://www.androwide.com/2016/11/not-able-to-copy-files-moto-g4-plus-otg-usb.html

GurpreetSingh
Paper Tape
Views: 30,726
Message 3 of 30

Re: MOTO G4 PLUS USB OTG ISSUE-PROBLEM & SOLUTION

Hi, I recently bought Moto G4Plus 32GB and I've tried the solutions given in this forum. But when I'm plugging USB via OTG, no additional notification is shown. Tried ES Explorer, no external memory shown. So, basically it's not detecting any OTG. Moreover, when I connect it to my laptop, then only 'Select USB Configuration' is available while in drop-down.Even with that option, I'm only able to view camera contents (PTP Mode). Is there any problem likely with Hardware or software? Additionally, phone charging is OK.

vasmiviswa
Paper Tape
Views: 7,876
Message 4 of 30

Problem with otg in moto g4 plus after update

My moto g4 plus is not detecting otg usb after being updated nougat.

Do any one have the same issue?

Did it got resolved? If so Please help me with this issue.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,817
Message 5 of 30

Re: Problem with otg in moto g4 plus after update

@vasmiviswa wrote:

My moto g4 plus is not detecting otg usb after being updated nougat.

Do any one have the same issue?

Did it got resolved? If so Please help me with this issue.

Hi vasmiviswa,

Since you just updated the phone to the latest version, have you tried doing clear cache partition? Let us know.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

vishal33
Paper Tape
Views: 7,698
Message 6 of 30

Re: Problem with otg in moto g4 plus after update

Sir i have also this problem and i also tried clearing cache and restoring phone but didnt got any solution. Please help me out because otg function is really very important for me, i am also ready for further upgrade or downgrade my phone please help me out

Rick67w
What's DOS?
Views: 7,838
Message 7 of 30

Does OTG work with Moto G4? If so how?

I did search the internet and these forums and could not find any clear results - the closest was OTG issues with G4 Play.

Does On the Go aka OTG work with Moto G4? Not G4 Play or Plus. And if so, how? Just bought an OTG adapter and plugged it in and... no response. Not the end of the world but if it works will be very useful to back up and move files between desktop... laptop... phone. Thanks in advance.

sujith_s
Paper Tape
Views: 9,506
Message 8 of 30

My moto g4 is otg support? Not for moto g4 plus and moto g4 play.

I don't know my Moto g 4 is OTG SUPPORT .

rahul-j
What's DOS?
Views: 8,167
Message 9 of 30

OTG not detecting on Moto g4 plus after Nougat upgrade

I upgraded to Nougat recently. While on marshmallow, I was able to access OTG. After the upgrade pendrive over OTG is not been detected. I tried clearing cache by restating phone.

Is there any troubleshooting tool I can install to know the problem ?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 9,459
Message 10 of 30

Re: My moto g4 is otg support? Not for moto g4 plus and moto g4 play.

@sujith_s wrote:

I don't know my Moto g 4 is OTG SUPPORT .

Hi sujith_s,

I appreciate you tried to reach us. All Moto G4 phones are all OTG supported.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors