Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leuzier13
Paper Tape
Views: 1,145
Message 31 of 87

Re: MOTO G4 Plus Oreo Update

*Stay away from the Andriod update if you want to use your phone later. If you update this version of andriod you are most likely to have a non working phone. Yes I'm dealing with the same issues you are. I only have the Lenovo screen although I'm receiving text notices, I can't see them. To make things worse, whats going to happen tomorrow at work? No GPS for me to find my job site, my alarms will go off and can not be turned off, all my work contacts are locked due to this poor excuse for a update.

Rishabhrj
Paper Tape
Views: 1,059
Message 32 of 87

When whole world is moving for Android Pie, Moto g4 plus users(including me) are still waiting for Oreo update. The worst service provided by the Motorola. Updates were anounced 2 years back, and that is great news, still the updates are not available for everyone. Can motorola decide one single date (MAX DATE) before which we will be getting updates and also let us know if we will really get the update or not.

This was my first and last phone of Motorola. I would strongly recommend you to change the tagline to "Good Bye forever Moto".

Josevarovsky
Punch Card
Views: 998
Message 33 of 87

i am from Hong Kong. my moto g4 plus has received the update 2 days ago, its around 780mb in size, i managed to download it but chose to install it later when i have time, but later on when i "install" it, it shows it will reset in 10 seconds (just as normal), but after 10s nothing happened!

then i reset the phone manually and guess what? no installation at all, boot to normal home screen and when i check again the phone said its "up to date, no update available"

did moto withdraw the update for asia pacific version?

sreeharimon
Punch Card
Views: 966
Message 34 of 87

What about India. It says update will be done before April 18th but still no info. 1st promise was before 18th March n they've changed. They are no 1 boasters among cellphone manufacturers. Anyhow let's wait till the next weekend and if nothing happens then we can surely say that they are no 1 boasters among cellphone manufacturers. The world is popping around Android P and lenovo ticketing the customers by Android O but now its an enigma. No more lenovo again..thats a moto now.

Ericpatel458
SCSI Port
Views: 961
Message 35 of 87

Hey just look at the page - No oreo update after Factory reset -  where i have discussed the update issue of india regarding not providing till date.

And look what Sr moderator has replied.

Just go to that Topic in forum.

The reply Is unbelievable.

they just don't want to take responsibility of all of this. And are saying that moto Hasn't promised any of thing which we are counting as promise.

Man according to the reply Even 18 th april is not the or may not be the last date by which we fools will get update. 

Totally irrational

So don't count on anything even from Motorola own words.

NOW IT WOULD BE A MIRACLE IF WE WILL GET 

TILL THEN ITS A MIRAGE.

EDP
sreeharimon
Punch Card
Views: 916
Message 36 of 87

Yes Man, I just saw that post and it seems they are playing with some words rhetorically.. If the FDR makes an automatic system denial of getting updates then they must've included the same as a cautionary point in the update notification page, but instead, as per his words it seems good at the time of publishing about rollout but if anything happens badly or they face any issues then date will again be changed. They knew how to stand in front of customers by some epitomical words. What can we do.. Unfortunately we already invested in this buggy crap 4th gen mob then crying and begging for a least update that other companies already provided to their customers happily with no more issues and demands. This is how the companies lost trust of customers and they go for a better trade with an other brand.

jaysansaw
Paper Tape
Views: 660
Message 37 of 87

Didn't get the update yet. What should I do?

Venkatesg321
Fanfold Paper
Views: 586
Message 38 of 87

Not get my phone Oreo update why

shubhamguptaIND
What's DOS?
Views: 515
Message 39 of 87

I did not received any update 18:04/2019