Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tom_Bl
Serial Port
Views: 14,096
Message 1 of 14

Moto G phone loses saved contacts

This new Moto G4 phone loses contacts entered in memory to dial telephone numbers. The list of contacts entered remains in memory for a day or two, then disappears.

When the new phone was unboxed, I entered one number in memory. I also selected it as a favorite using the star.  It appears on the list of contacts and the favorite (star) list. Later I entered a number of additional phone numbers, selecting several of them with a star. They were all listed. The ones selected appeared on the star list as well as the contact list. But after a day or two, with no command entered to erase any of this, they disappeared from all lists except for the single first contact that was entered.  

I have checked the "contacts" icon and find that the "Contacts to display" are selected as "All contacts"

(The list of favorite contacts should appear on the star'd favorite list as shown on the page of the manual titled "Calls when you need to talk") 

Tom_Bl
Serial Port
Views: 14,083
Message 2 of 14

Re: Moto G phone loses saved contacts

This is a "4th generation" Moto G Play. It's my first time to post here so I'm also posting the above on the 4th Generation forum

Tom_Bl
Serial Port
Views: 14,076
Message 3 of 14

Moto G phone loses saved contacts (4th Generation "Play")

This new Moto G4 phone loses contacts entered in memory to dial telephone numbers. The list of contacts entered remains in memory for a day or two, then disappears.

When the new phone was unboxed, I entered one number in memory. I also selected it as a favorite using the star.  It appears on the list of contacts and the favorite (star) list. Later I entered a number of additional phone numbers, selecting several of them with a star. They were all listed. The ones selected appeared on the star list as well as the contact list. But after a day or two, with no command entered to erase any of this, they disappeared from all lists except for the single first contact that was entered.  

I have checked the "contacts" icon and find that the "Contacts to display" are selected as "All contacts"

(The list of favorite contacts should appear on the star'd favorite list as shown on the page of the manual titled "Calls when you need to talk") 

This is my first time to use this forum and I have posted the above on a "Moto G" (1st Generation) discussion

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 14,051
Message 4 of 14

Re: Moto G phone loses saved contacts (4th Generation "Play")

There are complaints from all brands of phones on the google contacts/gmail forums regarding this. No reason why or solution i have seen. But it is not related to the G phone - something with google contacts

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Tom_Bl
Serial Port
Views: 13,948
Message 5 of 14

I did not enter these with Google.  They were only entered on the Motorola G4 Play phone.  They should not have disappeared.

Tom_Bl
Serial Port
Views: 13,812
Message 6 of 14

And being a new phone, I had nothing saved in Google. I have now done my best to understand that contacts from Google and other services are turned off. I just want contacts entered in memory directly on the phone to remain and not disappear. I entered them again and after another day they disappeared AGAIN, just as before. I have not seen this kind of behavior with any other phone - - ever.  (There are still no contacts saved in Google.)

Tom_Bl
Serial Port
Views: 13,753
Message 7 of 14

Motorola has agreed to exchange this phone under warranty.

DONJAH
What's DOS?
Views: 12,555
Message 8 of 14

my MOTO G Play   This keeps deleting my contacts after 24-48 hrs.  I have re-entered them 4-5 times now. The same ones disappear. Help

Sisola
Paper Tape
Views: 11,918
Message 9 of 14

This happens to me as well, i'd be very grateful for suggestions!
Tom_Bl
Serial Port
Views: 11,740
Message 10 of 14

This was resolved when Motorola replaced the phone under warranty. Thanks.
Top Kudoed Authors