Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS20
Paper Tape
Views: 147
Message 1 of 3

Moto G4 - Bluetooth sound "hiccups" when Wi-fi is connected

I have an Android Moto G4, and have recently begun experiencing issues with its Bluetooth function. Although I’m not sure when this started happening, it has been a problem for at least two months now; and has been affecting my dad’s Moto G4 as well.

Whenever I use Bluetooth speakers or headphones, they work normally for a period, and then begin to cut out as soon as my phone connects to Wi-Fi. While the song or video continues to play, it almost sounds like a digital equivalent of a hiccup, or very quick lapses in sound. If I try to ignore the issue, it slowly becomes worse.

To fix the problem, I have tried the following:

-putting my phone in and out of airplane mode

-clearing the cache and data in the Bluetooth Share app settings

-turning Bluetooth on and off

-removing and reconnecting all of my saved Bluetooth devices

-Doing a full factory reset

Although I never use my phone with more than one device at a single time, I have noticed that once this problem starts happening, switching to a different devices doesn’t solve the issue. I have also ruled out the distance between my phone and Bluetooth device, as I mainly experience this problem when they are only 1-3 feet apart.

The only solution that I have found to work so far is turning off my Wi-Fi connection altogether.  Running on data does not seem to create any interference with the Bluetooth.

Please let me know if I can offer any more information about the situation. Any suggestions for possible solutions would really be appreciated!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 90
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G4 - Bluetooth sound "hiccups" when Wi-fi is connected

Hi CS20,

This is bizaare. Have you tried to do a network settings reset? Go to Settings > System > Reset > Network settings reset. Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

CS20
Paper Tape
Views: 78
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G4 - Bluetooth sound "hiccups" when Wi-fi is connected

Hi Agent_JM, thank you so much for the suggestion!  I'll give it a try and keep you posted.

Top Kudoed Authors