Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aejhtyj
Paper Tape
Views: 1,400
Message 11 of 19

Re: Moto G4 / G4+ Solved Ghost Touch

happy to see moto rep is working here to solve ghost touch issue. I just send repair request in moto website (moto acc: lots.singapore@gmail.com) . Actually this phone has been 14 months since purchase. Wish moto can offer free repair.

aejhtyj
Paper Tape
Views: 1,380
Message 12 of 19

Just got email from moto that my repair request was rejected, due the warranty expired. Sign...I thought for design/product defect, free repair can be expected, even expiring warranty...
SteveRo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,285
Message 13 of 19

I have a Moto G4 that is nearly two years old.  It has worked fine for most of that time, but for the last 6 months it has had the ghost touch issue and has been getting progressively worse in the past two weeks or so.  So much so that the phone was almost unusable.  So, I've been trawling the various forums and watching You-Tube videos that suggest solutions.  What I have found so far is as follows:

What have been the symptoms with my phone:

1. When unlocking the screen the phone would enter 99999999999999999999.......... into the code input line. The only way I found to deal with this was to hold the backspace icon with my right thumb whilst entering the correct code with a finger on my left hand.
  2. Once the phone was unlocked, it would generally do some crazy things like swap two icons on the main screen (usually from position 9 to above position 1); open apps at random; type words into input screens and even dial out to my home land-line via a shortcut on the main screen!!

What hasn't worked for me:

1. Some videos suggested going into Settings/Display and turning on Adaptive brightness. This made no difference on my phone.
  2. Some also suggested going into Settings/Battery/Battery optimisation (3 dots top left)/All apps and turning optimisation off for Google Now Launcher and System UI. Again, this made no difference with the ghost touching issues on my phone.

What has worked for me:

1. One of the posts on one forum suggested turning down the screen brightness to less than 50%. This worked immediately for me and continues to do so.  Despite one post on a forum saying that it wouldn't make any difference, I have proved conclusively that this does work by putting the brightness back up to 100% and immediately the ghost touch issue returned.  I have also experimented and found that I can have the brightness level above 50%, it's currently at 70% and the ghosting issue has not returned.  I'll gradually increase the brightness to see how far I can push things ghost touch free!

Hope that this helps someone who has been frustrated by the suggestions that didn't work for them.

Quakeglen
What's DOS?
Views: 1,142
Message 14 of 19

I have the same issue, sometimes phone goes crazy just after screen unlocks. 

Turns out if i press the power button with the screen looking at the sun, the phone goes crazy... So i have to turn screen on with the phone looking to the floor. That's why this issue happend to me in the street, but never inside a building. Weird ha? 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,121
Message 15 of 19

@Quakeglen wrote:

I have the same issue, sometimes phone goes crazy just after screen unlocks. 

Turns out if i press the power button with the screen looking at the sun, the phone goes crazy... So i have to turn screen on with the phone looking to the floor. That's why this issue happend to me in the street, but never inside a building. Weird ha? 

Hi Quakeglen,

Can you reduce the screen brightness and test if that helps?

Regards,

Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
junemc
What's DOS?
Views: 870
Message 16 of 19

Reducing the brightness to under 50% (and turning off adaptive brightness) worked for me for about 6 months, the phone is back to ghost touch on a regular basis now with this setting.

dsmid
What's DOS?
Views: 812
Message 17 of 19

Quakeglen
What's DOS?
Views: 781
Message 18 of 19

It's the same, now is happening even inside when charger is pluged in.

Funny issue, it ghost touch stops when playing pokemon go, even in direct sunlight

Heldotshel
What's DOS?
Views: 119
Message 19 of 19

My G4 plus has had a problem with ghost touch from the word go but I thought I could manage it - until recently when it has gone into overdrive. However, after trying various recommended fixes ( which didn't work) I switched on the Battery Saving mode in in settings. BINGO! No more problems (until first using it after charging, which automatically disables battery saving) but as soon as I am able to reinstate battery saving it stabilises again. Try it if you are having problems. Also stops the phone getting hot, which is part of the problem.

Top Kudoed Authors