Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rhii
What's DOS?
Views: 1,005
Message 1 of 4

Moto G4 Not Receiving Texts and Calls Disconnecting

I've been having a few troubles with my Moto G4 now, which I've had for 11 months and getting rather fed up with tbh! 

I have found that I will not receive text messages (for no apparent reason) and that my calls will randomly disconnect and freeze my phone.

Texts occassionally come through, sometimes when connected to wifi, sometimes not, I can't seem to find a reason why they do or don't. I also don't ever get backdated texts ie. ones from a week ago, coming through today.. They just never come through.  I've had a look online and done the general thing of texting myself to see if it comes through, and it does, however if someone else texts me, it is a 50/50 chance of my phone receiving it.  (I always have full signal so it's not something silly like that)

With calls, sometimes I can't hear anything on the call from the other person, just complete silence.  Other times, midway through a conversation, the person I'm on the phone with can't hear me (either I just disappear randomly and never come back or the other person does), so I hang up and call them back and have the same thing happen maybe 3 or 4 times in a row before I finally get through again.  Lately, when hanging up the calls, my phone has started freezing so I end up having to take the battery out to reset it. 

I've made sure my phone is updated to the latest software, has enough space, not downloaded anything dodgy away from the Play Store, reset it and yet nothing seems to work. Any help and/or advise as to how this can be sorted would be grately appreciated as soon I'm just gonna throw the phone in the bin because of all the hassle that comes with it! 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 983
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto G4 Not Receiving Texts and Calls Disconnecting

@Rhii wrote:

I've been having a few troubles with my Moto G4 now, which I've had for 11 months and getting rather fed up with tbh! 

I have found that I will not receive text messages (for no apparent reason) and that my calls will randomly disconnect and freeze my phone.

Texts occassionally come through, sometimes when connected to wifi, sometimes not, I can't seem to find a reason why they do or don't. I also don't ever get backdated texts ie. ones from a week ago, coming through today.. They just never come through.  I've had a look online and done the general thing of texting myself to see if it comes through, and it does, however if someone else texts me, it is a 50/50 chance of my phone receiving it.  (I always have full signal so it's not something silly like that)

With calls, sometimes I can't hear anything on the call from the other person, just complete silence.  Other times, midway through a conversation, the person I'm on the phone with can't hear me (either I just disappear randomly and never come back or the other person does), so I hang up and call them back and have the same thing happen maybe 3 or 4 times in a row before I finally get through again.  Lately, when hanging up the calls, my phone has started freezing so I end up having to take the battery out to reset it. 

I've made sure my phone is updated to the latest software, has enough space, not downloaded anything dodgy away from the Play Store, reset it and yet nothing seems to work. Any help and/or advise as to how this can be sorted would be grately appreciated as soon I'm just gonna throw the phone in the bin because of all the hassle that comes with it! 

Here are some great troubleshooting videos that cover safe mode, cache clear, and factory reset. Try these suggestions and let us know

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Owner-s-Blog/The-DIY-Movement-why-not-for-your-phone/ba-p/3375...

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Sarah_391
What's DOS?
Views: 923
Message 3 of 4

Re: Moto G4 Not Receiving Texts and Calls Disconnecting

Yup, you said it mate crap phone. Not worth the money I paid for 

Kris98
What's DOS?
Views: 112
Message 4 of 4

my motorola g4 play updated itself and now i cant receive...

my motorola g4 play updated itself and now i cant receive calls nor text messages. i can only call and comunicate online. this is d first motorola phone i get and its not what i expected.