Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amazon_Customer
Serial Port
Views: 571
Message 21 of 24

Re: Moto G4 :PHONE ICCID Compare with SIM ICCID: ERROR

Phone : Moto G4 (XT1622) dual Sim.

Network Sim1 BT Mobile (set up for calls text and data) 

Network Sim2 EE Mobile (calls and text only  -nondata package )

Hello,

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Hi All.

Just a quick update-- Please perform FDR - factory data reset without restoring any apps "please remove your device sim card before you perform FDR" > once done re-add the SIM card and observe. This should more likely resolve the issue. Please update us on how it goes? Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

A family member has been having problems getting calls and making calls. This she thinks started 4 days ago when she was installing an app from android play. in order for the app to work it sent a text message to the phone (a bit like the way WhatsAPP sends a 6 digit to its app to confirm the phones id) .

The sim did not work in any phones. I did a factory data reset on the MOTO G, still did not work. I contacted my carrier, and they tried to  reconfigure the sim that did not work. It kept saying network unavailable, in addition the phone said there was another network available (234 32) which seems more like a network 'id' than a network 'name'.

They sent out a new sim and it arrived next day. Tried the new sim and it looked all was well, It was connecting to my home network 4G (which is unusual because the home network 4G signal is poor in the house). However it was unable to make or receive calls. When ever I dialed there was nothing. Ringing the phone it went to answerphone. I contacted the carrier network support and they spent 40 minutes or more with me. The new SIM card can log on to the home network receive data and send receive text messages, however it cannot recieve or send phonecalls. 

I put a second sim ('EE' network) in the phone in sim1 slot and sim2 slot. It works perfectly. Incidently with the 'EE' SIM the Moto G4 software (Settings>>SIM cards>> SIM slot [1or2] ) can detect the 'Operator'  as 'EE'  and the 'Number', however it cant with the BT mobile SIM (Operator -Unknown.. Number Unknown). 

(The Moto G6 Dual SIM also cannot detect Operator or Number for 'BT Mobile' sims).

Also when I go into the Settings>More>>Mobile network>Preferred network type and try to switch from 4G to 3G I then get " Error while trying to search for networks". 

The BT Mobile sim works perfectly in other phones sending and receiving calls, but not for the past 4 days in the MOTO G4 (the Moto G4 is new,  out of the box 17 days).

Other BT Mobile SIMS put into the MOTO G4 do not make or receive calls, and when behave similarly. This seems to be a problem specifically with this MotoG4 and the BT Mobile network. 

It is as if the MOTO G4 detects the BT Mobile sim from its network ID but perhaps the settings it are detecting have been corrupted, hense the extra '234 32' network. However the MOTO G4 works perfectly with other networks SIM cards, and the BT Mobile sims work perfectly in other phones. 

I read above about you wishing to summit debug logs I will try to do that.

I have had to forward the calls from the BT mobile Sim (as not receiving calls) to the EE sim.

any suggestions (apaart from using other networks or returning the phone) would be appreciated.

Amazon_Customer
Serial Port
Views: 567
Message 22 of 24

I solved my problem, but it was not easy. I am going to email @Agent_Swaraj with the solution I used. It is too technical to put on the forum. Maybe @Agent_Swaraj could get some one to explain better.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 528
Message 23 of 24

@Amazon_Customer wrote:

I solved my problem, but it was not easy. I am going to email @Agent_Swaraj with the solution I used. It is too technical to put on the forum. Maybe @Agent_Swaraj could get some one to explain better.

Hi Amazon_Customer,

Thank you for your suggestion, appreciate your efforts and glad to see the progress! We will have your reports shared with our product team for further investigation.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Samseveria
What's DOS?
Views: 486
Message 24 of 24

Any news on this topic?
I just have my moto g4 repaired (new motherboard) but now neither of my sim slots seem to connect to my provider's network (no calls/text).
I also tried on a different phone, where my sim works. A different sim doesn't work on my phone either. Tried factory resetting multiple times with / without sim inserted during the reset. Would be glad to get a solution via this forum. Thanks everyone!
Top Kudoed Authors