Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deep8849
Punch Card
Views: 55,993
Message 1 of 5

Moto G4 PLus Overheating

My Phone Heating Up Abruptly when Using Camera App.. specifically while Recording a Video..... Its going To 48 DegC or more .... If I turn on Flash (During Video) situation becomes worst ...... And The Device Starts Lagging Also

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Views: 55,675
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G4 PLus Overheating

Hi Deep,

The phone will get warm when you use it for features that require a good deal of power.

The phone has built-in safety factors to keep it from getting dangerously hot. It will shut down if that is in any danger of happening.

Can you try using it for few days and see if it develops any further problems? It may be that it's just working hard.  Can you please send your IMEI if the issue continues.

Thanks

MFN Team

Bubai2013
802.11n
Views: 55,673
Message 3 of 5

@Raj785 wrote:

Hi Deep,

The phone will get warm when you use it for features that require a good deal of power.

The phone has built-in safety factors to keep it from getting dangerously hot. It will shut down if that is in any danger of happening.

Can you try using it for few days and see if it develops any further problems? It may be that it's just working hard.  Can you please send your IMEI if the issue continues.

Thanks

MFN Team

We know what are you trying to point by this statement, but I think you aren't getting our points properly. Heating is normal and obvious but overheating isn't. I have use many phone out of them I still have 4 Moto devices including G4. I have never faced these issues in them. The mobile is touching 46-49 degree C even while I am browsing twitter on Wifi and I am scared of to what extent it will increase if I use 3G/4G. Today I was just recording video and 2-3 mins and then swich back to photo mode from video mode and the phone is untouchable and camera started lagging as hell. Don't you think we have invested in a device which is giving us nothing back except excessive heat. Hope you understand.

With Love,
Bubai
Deep8849
Punch Card
Views: 55,668
Message 4 of 5

@Raj785 wrote:

Hi Deep,

Thanks

MFN Team

My IMEI no is given in my Profile.....checked many times but the situation is same... I JUST CAN'T RECORD ANY VIDEO FOR MORE THAN 6-7 MINS..AND WITH FLASHLIGHT ON ITS JUST 3-4 MINS...ARE YOU LISTENING ?? ITS LAGGING LIKE HELL....Whole came app UI becomes unresponsive.... Now will u say its another 'expected' behaviour ??

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 56,840
Message 5 of 5

This is a duplicate post. Please don't post multiple times -- it makes it really hard to keep track of issues. 

Locking thread as we're already discussing this with you here

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Top Kudoed Authors