Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oemb29
Punch Card
Views: 2,095
Message 21 of 86

Re: Moto G4 Play Edition: GPS location error

I had samsung s4 mini too and never had the GPS problem. My Moto g4 plus is really bad bad for the GPS reception 

pliniocastro85
Paper Tape
Views: 2,088
Message 22 of 86

I have the same problem with my moto g4 play. The GPS doesnt work right neither with waze or google maps. I checked all settings for this two apps and nothing makes it work. What can I do??

andrewj720
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,086
Message 23 of 86

Looks like the probability of it being hardware fault is becoming more likely: 4 of us G4 Play owners now on this thread with the same issue. I'm factory resetting mine today and will install no other GPS appas than Google Maps. If it works, it's likely a software fault. If it doesn't, the process of elimination I've followed indicates near certainty of hardware problem, and therefore a return to seller.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,081
Message 24 of 86

@andrewj720 wrote:

Looks like the probability of it being hardware fault is becoming more likely: 4 of us G4 Play owners now on this thread with the same issue. I'm factory resetting mine today and will install no other GPS appas than Google Maps. If it works, it's likely a software fault. If it doesn't, the process of elimination I've followed indicates near certainty of hardware problem, and therefore a return to seller.

Yes, if a factory reset without installing any apps doesn't fix the issue, then likely hardware. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
pliniocastro85
Paper Tape
Views: 2,079
Message 25 of 86

I checked the forum here in Brazil and more than 5 users of moto g4 play have the same problem. Some of those had the phone change for a new one and appears the same problem. I think its hardware issues. And none of Lenovo/Motorola is telling us nothing. I really want an answer of then. 

andrewj720
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,074
Message 26 of 86

If that happens to me too I'll require a full refund, under warranty. I use my phone for sat nav every day (traffic where I live is abysmal). After email, it's the second most important function of my phone, so an ongoing problem will be unacceptable for me.

itsasurething
Paper Tape
Views: 2,045
Message 27 of 86

Thanks to those sharing their GPS issues on the G4 Play.  It will make it easier for me to make my decision to return mine because I'm not the only one with GPS problems. 

I'm having such great battery life on my G4 Play that I hate to return it. I'm considering the G4 Plus or the X Pure.  Anyone have thoughts about a good replacement?  Hope the GPS works on these two options.  

RevLauren
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,039
Message 28 of 86

I can't speak to the G4 PLUS... but the location services on the G4 have been just fine. Have had Moto X1, X2, and Pure in the family and no problems with those either. Since the G4 and the X2 have been used to play Ingress (virtual reality in the real world), location has to be precise.

pliniocastro85
Paper Tape
Views: 2,036
Message 29 of 86

There are some people complaining about the GPS of G4 plus too. Be careful, test it before you buy...

AnAfternoonALon
Paper Tape
Views: 1,937
Message 30 of 86

I am seeing this problem on the G4 Marshmallow 6.0.1. Has anyone determined if this is hardware or software related?

Top Kudoed Authors