Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itsasurething
Paper Tape
Views: 1,429
Message 31 of 86

Re: Moto G4 Play Edition: GPS location error

I returned my first unit, and bought another one to try.  I've only had it for a day, but the GPS signal seems to be strong and steady.  I'll report back once I've used it for a while.

Erdrickthegreat
Paper Tape
Views: 1,396
Message 32 of 86

I bought the Moto G4 Play for my wife, and she has been complaining about this same GPS issue as well. I've played around with the "high accuracy" vs GPS only, but there was little difference. The only way Maps would work is if I downloaded offline maps prior to using it. Of course it's only useful for the area in which I download...

Wondering if I should request some official support from Lenovo.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,391
Message 33 of 86

@Erdrickthegreat wrote:

I bought the Moto G4 Play for my wife, and she has been complaining about this same GPS issue as well. I've played around with the "high accuracy" vs GPS only, but there was little difference. The only way Maps would work is if I downloaded offline maps prior to using it. Of course it's only useful for the area in which I download...

Wondering if I should request some official support from Lenovo.

Your phone has a one year warranty. If you have tried cache clear, safe mode and reset, and still have an issue then contact moto regarding service. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Erdrickthegreat
Paper Tape
Views: 1,388
Message 34 of 86

@AlphaDog wrote:

Your phone has a one year warranty. If you have tried cache clear, safe mode and reset, and still have an issue then contact moto regarding service. 

I'll keep that in mind. I still need to try the cache clear, safe mode, etc. And hopefully, the GPS Essentials app will be able to tell me if it's hardware vs software related.

venious
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,362
Message 35 of 86

I have the same issue. Trying to open a repair request is rediculous too, as this Motorola Device Policy doesn't show up in my phone settings. The device hardware issues and this support process is going to drive me to another brand....

- Still in Security, scroll down and select Device administrators and activate Motorola Device Policy.

- . Remain in Settings, select Motorola Device ID and choose or add the same Google Account you are signed into here.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,358
Message 36 of 86

@venious wrote:

I have the same issue. Trying to open a repair request is rediculous too, as this Motorola Device Policy doesn't show up in my phone settings. The device hardware issues and this support process is going to drive me to another brand....

- Still in Security, scroll down and select Device administrators and activate Motorola Device Policy.

- . Remain in Settings, select Motorola Device ID and choose or add the same Google Account you are signed into here.

Are you opening a request from PC or phone? When i go through the contact us link on the moto web site, i pick other device (my g is not listed) and i get prompted for IMEI. 

Where are you starting the process from?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,349
Message 37 of 86

@venious wrote:

If you are on the sign in page, you should be able to scroll down lower and sign in with Google account

venious
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,345
Message 38 of 86

From here, I click this link:

There is no device registered under your account.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,338
Message 39 of 86

I was told that if you set up a lock screen pin, you should see something under settings -> motorola ID. 

I don't have a lock screen pin, but i went to settings, motorola id, and added my google id, and then said yes to Moto permissions.  Now my device is visible on the web site under my stuff, and I can manage it.

The part about device admin stuff is for older phones. 

dhyamato
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,333
Message 40 of 86

I'm having the same issue with my G4 Plus.  I, too, use Waze as my nav app between home and work daily and have noticed it not locking into GPS as well.  It does lock into GPS after a minute or two, though.  Looks like there's a delay to get GPS lock of some kind.  Perhaps it's a battery conservation thing when the phone comes out of sleep where ramping up GPS takes a while?

Top Kudoed Authors