Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewj720
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,563
Message 81 of 86

Re: Moto G4 Play Edition: GPS location error

I have up with Moto/Lenovo after several months of trying to get a straight answer from them.

As in my post above yours, I concluded that they have faulty hardware or firmware. However, a fix is unlikely as Lenovo keep blaming the OS and app software.

I've voted with my wallet by returning my faulty phone (if you're in the EU, you can return it for a full refund on the basis it is not performing as you have been led to expect it does) and will never buy anything from Lenovo again.

If they'd been honest with me and agreed there was a problem with this product, I'd probably have upgraded to a G4 standard model. I suspect it is cheaper and/or easier to simply ignore the problem and their customers.
JoaoB
Paper Tape
Views: 1,457
Message 82 of 86

Hi there,

As many, my G4 Play started having trouble locking to GPS signal.

The store that sold my phone recomended that I made a full reset on the phone before I sent it to repair so I decided to make the backup and reset the phone to factory status.

And since then, the GPS worked fine.

Now I'm in the process of adding the Apps that I lost and so far the GPS keeps locking well.

By the way, I made backups of everything but I could not restore a single Apps or even the Phone backup... it finds nothing in the SD card where I stored the backups. I did not format the SD card but I suspect that when I install an App, it re-writes the backup folder and in fact it gets erased. It would be stupid that it would work like that but so far it looks like it.

So but how can this be that going back to factory status make the GPS work well again?

Thanks

Joao

Faztime
Paper Tape
Views: 1,396
Message 83 of 86

My phone started saying recalculating route and recently it says no GPS found. I did a factory reset twice and before I updated anything I opened up maps and has the same gps problems. It was workig up until now.

I choose to have the item returned for a refund and I had a restocking fee. I choose not to send it to motorrola because they will send me a replacement with the same problem. Even worse send me a ticking time bomb that would work for a few more months and put the phone out of warranty.

I used to recomment motoroalla, but since lenovo is the parent company the motorolla phones are all trash, all trash with their warranties and repair center.

I hope lenevo reads my message and can respond with any changes it plans to make.

Spiked
Token Ring
Views: 1,332
Message 84 of 86

For those of us whose phones are out of warranty and have been dealing with this GPS issue for nearly one year now, can a service tech from Lenovo/Moto please detail what hardware changes were made to the GPS antenna in later revisions of this phone to correct the faulty spring contact / contact pad design from the first revision?

rickbfd
What's DOS?
Views: 166
Message 85 of 86

Add me to the list of people with a G4 Play with this annoying problem. My wife's phone constantly loses her signal, making navigation useless. 

Ash92
What's DOS?
Views: 112
Message 86 of 86

I have the same issues to and it wasn't a problem when I bought the device initially but I'm pretty sure it became extremely prominent once I upgraded to the latest Android version.

it is pretty bad because I can understand the signal getting lost in a city but when you are on an interstate you expected to stay for quite some time

Top Kudoed Authors