cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nick703
Punch Card
Views: 16,532
Message 14 of 39

Moto G4 Plus All Sound Stopped Working Suddenly Problem?

Hello Motorola Team Expert,

I have a motorola G4 plus phone 2 year old. and every thing is perfact working but last 4 days My phone hase a suddenly stopped All Audio sound. What happend i don't know so i have a [Removed] off the phone and start againg so my all sound working for only 5 to 10 min then suddenlly all sound is dead. 

So i read the forum and i have done Factory data reset without any app installation but the problem is same  no audio in my phone. but restart means run in safe mode or switch off that time working for only 5 to 10 min and then sound gone.

Please help me to resolve the problem.

below i have a captured bug report and  this is detail

Build info: athene_f-user 7.0 NPJS25.93-14-15 5 release-keys
Serial number: ZY22394ZM9

Edited for site rule violation  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704

aletheadoe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,553
Message 1 of 39

Moto G4 Plus sound stopped working

Hi all. 
Got a Moto G4 Plus less than two weeks ago. It has been working fine, however today the sound stopped working for no reason. 
Have tried restarting a couple times, also tried a safe mode reboot which still didn't work. 
Any advice? 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 16,539
Message 2 of 39

Re: Moto G4 Plus sound stopped working

@aletheadoewrote:

Hi all. 
Got a Moto G4 Plus less than two weeks ago. It has been working fine, however today the sound stopped working for no reason. 
Have tried restarting a couple times, also tried a safe mode reboot which still didn't work. 
Any advice? 

Hi aletheadoe,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to know about this. Is it the same while using earphones? Also, are you experiencing this while playing music and videos? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

aletheadoe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,530
Message 3 of 39

Hi, 

It's the same with earphones. There is no sound at all for music or for notifications. Tried making a phone call and couldn't even hear the dial tone. It worked fine this morning. Currently trying a factory reset to see if that will work. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 16,526
Message 4 of 39

@aletheadoewrote:

Hi, 

It's the same with earphones. There is no sound at all for music or for notifications. Tried making a phone call and couldn't even hear the dial tone. It worked fine this morning. Currently trying a factory reset to see if that will work. 

Hi aletheadoe,

Thanks for the prompt response. Please let me know if factory data reset fixed it. Thanks!

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

aletheadoe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,521
Message 5 of 39

Factory reset has not worked unfortunately. I am now unable to play YouTube videos through the app, and I am getting a playback error on there. 
It also isn't letting me accept calls. I used another phone to call myself, and the call is open on the other phone but I can't pick up on my own. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 16,495
Message 6 of 39

@aletheadoewrote:

Factory reset has not worked unfortunately. I am now unable to play YouTube videos through the app, and I am getting a playback error on there. 
It also isn't letting me accept calls. I used another phone to call myself, and the call is open on the other phone but I can't pick up on my own. 

Hi aletheadoe,

Thanks for the response. Was your application reinstalled automatically after doing factory data reset?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

aletheadoe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,493
Message 7 of 39

Hi, 

Do you mean the YouTube app? If so, yes, the app was on the phone automatically after data reset. I did not download any new apps.

aletheadoe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,446
Message 8 of 39

Hi again. 
Do you have any advice or any reason that the phone has stopped working properly?
As I said, I have had the phone for just under two weeks. It has not been dropped. It has not been exposed to water. It has not suffered any trauma. 
Just to list the issues that have occured; 
-all sound stopped working

-cannot make or accept calls

-videos will not play

-The "hello moto" animation will no longer play on start up

A factory reset has not fixed this, nor has a safe mode reboot.
What is wrong with my phone? 
Where can I get it fixed/replaced?

aletheadoe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,414
Message 9 of 39

Phone still not functioning after 24hrs. Please advise?

Top Kudoed Authors