Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aletheadoe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,746
Message 10 of 39

Re: Moto G4 Plus sound stopped working

Hi Rich, 

Do you have any advice on how to fix this issue, or where I can find more help? 
It's still broken and I have been without a functioning phone for two days.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,450
Message 11 of 39

Hi aletheadoe,

Thanks for keeping me updated. I'm sorry for the late reply. Do you remember anything happened before the issue occurred?  I suspect that this already a hardware issue since we already performed factory data reset. I'll coordinate with my team regarding with this. For the meantime, could you please send us a bug report? 

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

revjackal
What's DOS?
Views: 4,361
Message 12 of 39

particularly frustrating because when you go to bluetooth, YouTube and Google movies play over external speaker.   The problem seems to be centred on the phone itself. 

revjackal
What's DOS?
Views: 4,361
Message 13 of 39

Just be glad you are under warranty.   I was just at the 2 year mark, about to reap the benefits of a cheaper plan, when the sound died.   I find myself having to quickly buy another phone, as I am days away from a course which suggests how to use your cell phone to take video.  Guess which model I won't be buying. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,687
Message 15 of 39

Re: Moto G4 Plus All Sound Stopped Working Suddenly Problem?

@nick703 wrote:

Hello Motorola Team Expert,

I have a motorola G4 plus phone 2 year old. and every thing is perfact working but last 4 days My phone hase a suddenly stopped All Audio sound. What happend i don't know so i have a [Removed] off the phone and start againg so my all sound working for only 5 to 10 min then suddenlly all sound is dead. 

So i read the forum and i have done Factory data reset without any app installation but the problem is same  no audio in my phone. but restart means run in safe mode or switch off that time working for only 5 to 10 min and then sound gone.

Please help me to resolve the problem.

below i have a captured bug report and  this is detail

Build info: athene_f-user 7.0 NPJS25.93-14-15 5 release-keys
Serial number: ZY22394ZM9

Edited for site rule violation  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704

Sorry to hear about this, Can you please check the same in device help app and check the hardware test and let us know the result.

Thanks

Sandip

nick703
Punch Card
Views: 4,651
Message 16 of 39

Thanks For your Reply I have to doing below 2 Different Task

1) When i Switch Off the Phone or Run in Safe Mode and Start again  That time i checkHardware Test Pass. All working Successs

2) After Hardware test Pass 10 to 15 miniute Agian check Hardware Test this is failed becuase i cant hear any audio.

as i discribed in my 1st post working only when device is shut off or restart and when os is boot  i Hear all sound Like "Hello Moto"

but after time passed 10 min and suddenlly all sound is dead.

I have posted also Bug Report did you Check or not?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,614
Message 17 of 39

@nick703 wrote:

1) When i Switch Off the Phone or Run in Safe Mode and Start again  That time i checkHardware Test Pass. All working Successs

2) After Hardware test Pass 10 to 15 miniute Agian check Hardware Test this is failed becuase i cant hear any audio.

as i discribed in my 1st post working only when device is shut off or restart and when os is boot  i Hear all sound Like "Hello Moto"

Hi nick703,

If you already did a factory data reset and tested the phone BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and the problem persists, then service/repair is next step.

-Sandip

Moto Support

nick703
Punch Card
Views: 4,611
Message 18 of 39

But In service person also said update phone using our software.

Is there any difference between service person software and Motorola update software using wifi?

If yes then please give me answer why the software is different and charges 290rs. for update?

and no then why are not able to solve problem?

In here so many motorola G4 plus User have a face same issue so is that compulsory to pay  300 rupees for solution!!

What a answer by Motorola team!!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,599
Message 19 of 39

@nick703 wrote:

Hi nick703,

Can you please confirm us back on below,

As per your point 2) After Hardware test Pass 10 to 15 minutes Again check Hardware Test, this is failed because i can't hear any audio. 

Was your device is in safe mode when you are checking it as above mentioned?

Thanks

-Sandip

nick703
Punch Card
Views: 4,597
Message 20 of 39

Yes i have checked in Safe mode.

Actully i have rum My phone in safe mode whole Day but the problem is same in Normal mode.

After paseed 5 min in safe mode again check hardware test and fail!!

Top Kudoed Authors