Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anuj_98
Paper Tape
Views: 2,398
Message 1 of 93

Moto G4 Plus Audio Issues

After updating my phone to Oreo i facing some problems with the audio.  The level of volume coming out from the speaker has dropped too much and i had a factory reset but problem still persists.

Will Moto give any update to solve this? 

vkchy1992
Punch Card
Views: 2,576
Message 2 of 93

Problems After Oreo 8.1 Update

On 21'st of Feb 2019, I had received an update for Oreo 8.1. After uprading my G4 Plus phone, these are the issues I am facing right now:-

1. Speaker volume reduced drastically. Now the speaker is playing songs at so low volume as it used to give at 3/15 level previously(where 15 is max volume level). 

2. Sometimes it doesnot show charging symbol when I put my phone on charging mode. Unplug and then plug the charger cable to the phone works.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,497
Message 3 of 93

Re: Problems After Oreo 8.1 Update

Hi vkchy1992,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Software updates are made to enhance your device's performance, allow us to look into this. Does it happen when you are engaged in a call as well or just saved music files? How about media files or streaming videos? Have you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix this? 

Regards,
May
Moto Support

SunTech
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,493
Message 4 of 93

I am facing the same issue of reduced volume . It's an issue on all apps. When the vvide starts the volume is ok but after 3 seconds it goes down by 60% I feel

vkchy1992
Punch Card
Views: 2,415
Message 5 of 93

It happens with saved media file as well as online streaming apps as well. During call speaker volume is perfectly fine.

SnoopDoge
Token Ring
Views: 2,381
Message 6 of 93

yep... i have this low volume issue only for Facebook, and no, i'm not gonna reset my device because of it
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,372
Message 7 of 93

Hi vkchy1992,

This is interesting. Are all of your applications up to date as well? Let's try to boot your device in Safe Mode. This will help us to isolate whether a third-party app is causing this. It will temporarily disable your third-party apps while it is in this mode. Please try to check the charging concern as well on this mode.

To Enable Safe Mode:
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears.
4. The phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in the bottom left corner.
5. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is causing the problem.
6. Restart the device to get out of safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

vkchy1992
Punch Card
Views: 2,378
Message 8 of 93

Thanks for your tips but this didn't work either.

vkchy1992
Punch Card
Views: 2,364
Message 9 of 93

Even resetting your device won't help. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,212
Message 10 of 93

Re: Moto G4 Plus Audio Issues

Hi anuj_98,

Thank you for reaching out, allow us to look into this for you. Does it happen to your saved music files and streaming videos? How about when engaged in a call? Right after resetting the device, did you happen to install any third-party apps or restore all of your files? 

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors