Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ust12
Blue Screen Again
Views: 264
Message 91 of 99

Re: Moto G4 Plus Audio Issues

Hi g4_Dave

Can please tell me step wise how to do this. 

I dont understand it bro. Please help me.

Ust12
Blue Screen Again
Views: 306
Message 92 of 99

Can u tell me procedure step wise. How to download and do this things. I dont know and understand. Please help

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 270
Message 93 of 99

@Ust12 wrote:

Can u tell me procedure step wise. How to download and do this things. I dont know and understand. Please help

Hi Ust12,

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issue you have been facing. We would like to help. Just to narrow down--could you confirm if this only occurs in YouTube app? Have you tested in Device help app > Hardware test > Speaker and let us know how it goes?

If it's just YouTube app, then try uninstalling the app > reboot your device > reinstall the app and try again. Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Marjan68
Fanfold Paper
Views: 254
Message 94 of 99

So, you answer an new person with exactly the same issues, but you allready know that the sound issue is not solvable by the standard proceures you keep telling us. The only way to solve the sound issue is tog give us the update, you should now by now...

I still have not been able to fix the issue, still waiting for someone to explain it step by step in a simple way.

Please, anybody....

cwmspw
Paper Tape
Views: 242
Message 95 of 99

Been trying to get my audio issue and frequent shutdowns sorted on my Moto G4 plus. From what I have read it seems Motorola/Lenovo are not interested in fixing this issue after the last update caused it.

If they are not interested then why should I continue to use a useless phone.

Prior to update phone was great....now it's not worth charging any more. 

I am now looking at new phones but will certainly not be a Motorola......DISGUSTED.

shenders
What's DOS?
Views: 207
Message 96 of 99

Have been reading these many posts with interest and amazement.  I updated my G4 Plus to Oreo Android 8.1 (July 20th). When I checked update status - there it was as a recommended option.  And yes, the audio is now broken ie faint as others have stated. These posts have been going for months so why is the problem not fixed?

Apparently there is an update but Motorola won't release it in Australia. Why not? Appalling behaviour by MR/Lenovo.

Phone support suggested I do a factory reset and if that does not work repair my phone at my cost!!  It was their update that broke it! Can they please explain?

Guess will have to follow their steps before proceeding further.  Where can this issue be taken further I wonder.

G4_Dave
Fanfold Paper
Views: 142
Message 97 of 99

Greetings all. I don't know if people still want this, but here's what I did to fix my phone. I did this 3 weeks ago and deleted the files I used to do it. But, I am pretty sure it went something like this:

As MagicMatt says in post 83, go to "https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g4-plus/how-to/guide-moto-g4-g4-oreo-soak-test-update-t3871136"

Scroll down a bit and download "OTA_Package_OPJ28.111-22-1.zip".

Scroll down some more and click on "How to manually sideload an OTA update"

You already did step 1. Click on the "Android SDK" link in step 2. When you get to the Developers page scroll down to " Command line tools only" and download the appropriate zip file.

Using File Explorer, create a folder on C: called something like "motog4". Move the two zip files you downloaded into this folder.

Unzip the sdk-tools zip file, this should give you new folder called "platform-tools". Move the "OTA-Package" file into the "platform-tools" folder. You don't need to unzip the OTA file, it's fine as it is.

Go back to the "How to manually sideload an OTA update" page and do steps 3 to 6.

When you get to step 7, it is easier if the ADB command file and the OTA_Package zip file are in the same directory as you are working in. If the Command Prompt window says for example:

C:\Users\david>

you are on the right drive (C) but in the wrong directory. Not a problem.
(If it starts with D:\ or E:\...etc. you need to type "C:" and press [Enter] to go to "C:\" first.)

Type "cd c:\motog4\platform-tools" and press [Enter], it should now say:

c:\motog4\platform-tools

Continue with steps 7 to 14.

I hope it works.

Marjan68
Fanfold Paper
Views: 96
Message 98 of 99

Thank you for posting this; I was waiting and asking for something like this for a long time. But I don't need it anymore.

I kept contacting Motorola (the Netherlands); by phone, by e-mail, by Twitter. I did not give up, kept telling them they ruined my phone, explaining everything over and over again, even sent a link to this forum.

And now I got some great news: I have to send my G4 Plus to a repair centre and they give me back a G6 Plus. I think it will be a refurbished one, but hey, anything better then my G4 Plus with all the sound issues.

shenders
What's DOS?
Views: 45
Message 99 of 99

Thank you for these steps but haven't tried them yet .... because still in negotiation with Motorola - Australia

1. After much communication and a four day wait for the 'Higher Department' to make a decision, Motorola agreed to fix my over two year old G4 Plus phone under warranty. (I have contacted ACCC about this matter and they say MR should fix the problem). 
  2. Courier collected and off it went to QSL (Wed 31st Jul)
  3. Yesterday it arrived back (Fri 10 Aug) in exactly the same condition, ie the audio from the speaker can only be heard at very close quarters.  (Just to confirm this problem only occurred after the Android 8.1 update). As far as I am concerned, the phone is now not fit for purpose as I often used it to listen to audio.
  4. The QSL Service Report states that the Main Board was changed and the Speaker software upgraded with the QC/CIT test passed to manufactures (sic) specifications.  New IMEI of course and same Build # OPJ28.111-22.  I note from this stream that someone who got a patch has Build OPJ28.111-22-1.  Is this the case for others who have run the fixing steps?
  5. I'm going overseas in a couple of weeks and need my phone, so have requested a replacement.
  6. MR are now back to saying "We recommend that you may send the phone for repair and assessment so that our service center can check what is causing the issue" but if I want a replacement it will go to the 'Higher Department'.  Sigh

A friend who has the same phone did not have this issue with the 8.1 update. His audio is fine. 

(Is there any clue as to why this is happening to some phones and not others?  In the early months of this phone, it had to go for repair because the audio stopped working and had to be fixed.  Is there a hardware/software clash somewhere? But I assume the speaker is part of the main board anyway??)

So where to from here? Still going to try to get some reasonable customer service out of MR.  If fails will try the steps I guess although a little undercofident.

Won't be buying Motorola again purely because of the customer service.  Shame because I did like the phone.

Top Kudoed Authors