Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gail69
Paper Tape
Views: 434
Message 71 of 99

Re: Moto G4 Plus Audio Issues

Hi! I don't have this update. Do you know if it's been rolled out worldwide? Thank you.

Laggore
What's DOS?
Views: 411
Message 72 of 99

Sadly update not available for me either right now. I'm in Spain and could totally need it cuz maps navigation without proper sound is bad. Smiley Happy

Anil_NSW
What's DOS?
Views: 370
Message 73 of 99

Hi Lenovo support,

Unfortunately there is no update for Australia either. Can we have this update pushed for us as well. Your help is very much appreciated.

This is really very disappointing.

MagicMatt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 328
Message 74 of 99

This is not fixed for anyone in the EU. They've messed this up and are not prepared to offer a fix, they are officially calling it a "safety feature".

Does anyone have an unofficial fix?

Is it possible to install a different version of Oreo if the bootloader is unlocked?

Is there a system setting that can be altered via a script?

Any solution that would avoid me replacing the phone would be appreciated, although it may be fun to take Lenovo to court for rendering my device useless. I can't hear the thing ringing now!

Marjan68
Fanfold Paper
Views: 308
Message 75 of 99

Is this really? We, in the EU, won't get the update? How do you know this? Nobody tells me... I chatted with Motorola 'helpdesk' 2 days ago, for about 30 minutes. They only give the standard answers and 'solutions'.

Indeed, phone ringing is hard to hear now too, also the alarm sound fades away after 1 second.

Phone is useless this way

I will not accept this....

MagicMatt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 298
Message 76 of 99

I confirmed it with Lenovo via their Facebook page.

They refer to this limited volume as a "safety feature".

There are no more updates planned for the G4 series AT ALL, not just regarding this volume issue they have created.

There is no way to revert back to previous versions either.

The reason they have made the phone act that way is because of EU regulation, but Lenovo have screwed up in the way they implemented it, and aren't going to fix it.

I don't see why we should accept it. Their negligence has caused this issue, they should be responsible for fixing it. I don't know what is involved in taking them to court over it, but if they wont rectify the fault they caused, I don't see what other options I have.

Marjan68
Fanfold Paper
Views: 293
Message 77 of 99

Safety feature?
I don't think this person on Facebook has any idea about the real problems and gives some standard answers without checking if this is right.
There is nothing safe with fading all audio: alarm, phone ring, speaker, navigation, radio, tv, etc...
And there is an update that seems to fix this problem, so why should we, in the EU don't get this update?
I contacted Motorola in the Netherlands and sent them several links from this forum. I hope to get some useful answers from them soon...
MagicMatt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 277
Message 78 of 99

It wasn't a random person on Facebook, it was an official representative of Lenovo Technical Support.

That's their official position. I would benefit grateful if you can let me know what the people you've contacted say, but unfortunately I think they'll say the same thing.

We could go into great lengths about the update, but ultimately it's not available to those in the EU, and the issue it fixed seems to be that they included the "feature" for some countries that they should not have.

Laggore
What's DOS?
Views: 272
Message 79 of 99

But some countries did get an update that fixed the issue? Which countries are that? 

danielrcom
Paper Tape
Views: 269
Message 80 of 99

Brazil, in my case: https://imgur.com/ovUyhA9

(It says that OTA update will make audio fixes and improvements)

My phone's audio is working normal right now.
Top Kudoed Authors