Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MagicMatt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 537
Message 81 of 99

Re: Moto G4 Plus Audio Issues

Brasil has close ties with, but is not a member of the EU.

Including the "feature" for Brasil was therefore a mistake, hence they get a fix to remove the "feature".

MagicMatt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 469
Message 82 of 99

SOLUTION FOUND

You can download the update manually (it's on the XDA Developers website) and use "adb sideload" to install it. Even though it's not intended for the "reteu" software channel, it still installs and it works!

I've had three staff from Lenovo now confirm they wont be pushing this update out for the EU customers because they stupidly call this a "safety feature".

MagicMatt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 466
Message 83 of 99

Marjan68
Fanfold Paper
Views: 454
Message 84 of 99

Thanks for also keep trying to solve this, glad to see I'm not the only one not giving up...

I really have no idea how to do all that what you suggest. Read it, but I am Dutch and do not understand all that technical stuff, although I'm rather technical. But there are given several options I see and now don't have any idea what way to follow.

Is there a simple way to explain all the exact steps for me to take?

Laggore
What's DOS?
Views: 445
Message 85 of 99

I also miss the fluency in flash/Rom/etc lingo to do this easily.

Still can't believe Lenovo/Moto won't fix this obvious kill of usable audio (for me the problem is mainly with watching videos. Calls and alarm still kinda work well enough)

If I successfully changed the rundown battery I will try this whole flash/bootloader install a go 

MagicMatt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 414
Message 86 of 99

It's a lot easier than it sounds, honestly.

As part of the Android Studio you use for making apps, there's something called the "ADB" which is a piece of software developers use to transfer things to and from a computer via USB.

You can download the SDK Tools without the whole studio, and that will have the ADB software you need.

So, install that, download the update, restart the phone in recovery mode, and then you can use the command ADB SIDELOAD to send the update to the phone and install it.

I can try and make a tutorial of needed but I'm not likely to get the chance for a few days.

G4_Dave
Fanfold Paper
Views: 353
Message 87 of 99

Thank you, MagicMatt for that information. I managed to get the update installed, and now the sound works correctly again.

linusx3
What's DOS?
Views: 311
Message 88 of 99

Thanks MagicMatt, that solution works for me. Solves the low volume speaker-problem!
Ridiculous why Lenovo don't push this fix for their mess up.

Marjan68
Fanfold Paper
Views: 140
Message 89 of 99

I am happy to read that it will fix the audio issues.

I want to fix it to but still don't understand exactly what to do, where to go, what to download and install.

I really hope you or someone else can make a post with all the exact steps and links, in the most simple way...

Ust12
Blue Screen Again
Views: 239
Message 90 of 99

Me and my cousin also this problem after update. And service centre says that phone has mother board issue. Audio working of phone totally gone. No sound during call also. And YouTube shows error. And audio is skipped and not palying in app and gmusic.

If you get reply and solution then tell me.

Thank you

Top Kudoed Authors