cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zorro2k
What's DOS?
Views: 2,605
Message 41 of 73

Re: Moto G4 Plus Bluetooth "Not Finding" devices any more. Used to connect to my car/Speak

i have the problem and i have not these apps installed

Vonpire
Punch Card
Views: 2,605
Message 42 of 73

Re: Moto G4 Plus Bluetooth "Not Finding" devices any more. Used to connect to my car/Speak

@zorro2k wrote:

Hi

thanks for answering me, but ... where can i see the workaround?

thanks again

Here

Guys, I found the culprit / solution until the bug was fixed !!!! The problem is in the location settings! Go to settings, location click on the 3 points at the top right, choose "scanning" and deactivate "search for Bluetooth". Restart phone after.

After this change, Bluetooth has been up and running again, with no need to reboot, end Bluetooth sharing processes or airplane mode. It's sad to have to be a user to figure out the problem / workaround and Lenovo does not even acknowledge it!

Give Kudos

Vonpire
Punch Card
Views: 2,601
Message 43 of 73

@MarieJoe wrote:

Out of curiosity....how many who have Bluetooth connection issues are running these apps???

• MalwareBytes
  • Avast
  • CCleaner
  • CPUZ
  • WeatherUnderground (at least for the time being,)

My carrier thinks these apps are the problem....and unless ALL of us are running them........

BTW....Day Three with BT scanning disabled...and I still have a connection  and can succesfully call!!!!!!Heart

These guys are dumb...

The culprit is the location setting. Goggle has changed something in their google play api or google maps that caused this. And since google play ia automatically updated for everyone, everyone with moto g4 / g4 plus with android 6.0.1 is experiencing the issue.

Glad I've found a workaround for it.

Btw I am a systems administrator and certified oracle database administrator that deals with all kind of problems since more than 20 years Smiley Happy I usually found what others can't. I even found some bugs for Oracle that they didn't knew they had... lol

Glad to help.

zorro2k
What's DOS?
Views: 2,582
Message 44 of 73

Hi

I can tell it's working your workaround.

I could connect it to the car, and 3 bluetooth earphones.

For now it's working.

Thank you sir!

Mawloch75
What's DOS?
Views: 2,360
Message 45 of 73

Motorola g4 This model uses bluetooth in searching for location, this feature needs to be turned off to use bluetooth fully and correctly. Goto : " settings - location" then press the 3 dots in the top right hand corner of the screen and switch off the " use bluetooth " feature.  Now your bluetooth will search and cinnect to any device correctly.

Chrissy56
Punch Card
Views: 2,331
Message 46 of 73

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You advise has worked so far and I've tried everything!! 😀😀😀

Vonpire
Punch Card
Views: 2,326
Message 47 of 73

@Chrissy56 wrote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You advise has worked so far and I've tried everything!! 😀😀😀

You shouldn't have searched much cause it was me that discoverd this solution and posted it really before on this thread. Smiley Happy

Regards

Highlighted
G4Think
What's DOS?
Views: 2,308
Message 48 of 73

Thank you so much for these instuctions:

"Guys, I found the culprit / solution until the bug was fixed !!!! The problem is in the location settings! Go to settings, location click on the 3 points at the top right, choose "scanning" and deactivate "search for Bluetooth". Restart phone after.

After this change, Bluetooth has been up and running again, with no need to reboot, end Bluetooth sharing processes or airplane mode. It's sad to have to be a user to figure out the problem / workaround and Lenovo does not even acknowledge it!"

It worked for me.  Again, MANY THANKS!

Chrissy56
Punch Card
Views: 2,308
Message 49 of 73

TBH! I didn't know this forum existed, so glad I found it
MooseMan
Paper Tape
Views: 2,267
Message 50 of 73

Add me to the rash of people experiencing this problem since mid-late Feb. It is maddening. For me it also happens when I enter/disable airplane mode. The only way to get BT up and running again is to restart the phone. I've tried the network settings reset and a factory settings restore. Neither worked. Just tried the "scanner" workaround. We'll see.

Another observation - my BT does not automatically come back on after restarting the phone or coming out of airplane mode. 

Sounds like a software glitch. 

Top Kudoed Authors