Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 4 (3,862 Views)

Moto G4 Plus SD card issues

Recently, I've been having issues with my G4 Plus. 

After about a day of use without rebooting the device, I am unable to write to my SD card; whenever I try to install an app, it gives me an error saying that I have insufficient storage (even though I have only about 7GB out of 32GB used on the SD card) or when I try to download a file through Chrome, the download pauses and when I try to unpause it, nothing really changes, it just goes back to the paused state. The issue that I see the most is that all of the apps I have installed on the SD just stop working. Especially Instagram, that app just crashes every two minutes.

I've only had this SD card for a few months and I've had it formatted as internal storage so that I can store apps on it. This issue has also been happening with my old SD card, and the only methods I found that made them both work temporarily is to remove the SD and reinsert it or reboot the device.

Has anyone else been having these issues? It's very annoying and I hope that somebody could help me. Thank you in advance.

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 4 (3,847 Views)

Re: Moto G4 Plus SD card issues

UrHyper wrote:

Recently, I've been having issues with my G4 Plus. 

After about a day of use without rebooting the device, I am unable to write to my SD card; whenever I try to install an app, it gives me an error saying that I have insufficient storage (even though I have only about 7GB out of 32GB used on the SD card) or when I try to download a file through Chrome, the download pauses and when I try to unpause it, nothing really changes, it just goes back to the paused state. The issue that I see the most is that all of the apps I have installed on the SD just stop working. Especially Instagram, that app just crashes every two minutes.

I've only had this SD card for a few months and I've had it formatted as internal storage so that I can store apps on it. This issue has also been happening with my old SD card, and the only methods I found that made them both work temporarily is to remove the SD and reinsert it or reboot the device.

Has anyone else been having these issues? It's very annoying and I hope that somebody could help me. Thank you in advance.

The best solution is not to use the SD card as adopted storage. It just does not work well with some cards. 

I advise people to mount the card as external/portable and use it for media,music, photos, videos and use the phone internal storage for apps. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4 (3,668 Views)

Sorry, this isn't a solution, it's a workaround.

I bought my G4 because of the ability extend the internal storage.

I have the same issue, I've tried several cards including Lexar 64gb, Kingston 32gb and Toshiba 8gb

and have the same issue with all of them.

The same card work fine in other devices including Window 10 Mobile and dashcam.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 4 of 4 (1,769 Views)

Top kudoed Authors