Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prefontaine
Paper Tape
Views: 2,359
Message 31 of 132

Re: Moto G4 Plus WIFI battery drain

I don't get it how is this marked as solved? 

Prefontaine
Paper Tape
Views: 2,350
Message 32 of 132

@mechviswa wrote:

Hi Matt,

Wifi though it is turned off it keeps on consuming battery more than screen. screen will be mostly consuming the battery . but wifi is not running and Wifi  is consuming 887mAh BATTERY see is not running ( you could see time 0s).wifi scanning is turned off in location. screen consumes  396mAH in 3hrs 44MINS But Wifi consumes887MAH in 0s .  WIFI CONSUMES BATTERY ON THE STANDBY TIME OF MOBILE  THOUGH IT IS TURNED OFF. DEFENETELY THIS IS serious issue needs to be fixed. i reached out to motorola support. they dont have any knowledge on this. they just say some thing to close the case. they blabber something they dont understand what we are trying to say. This is my first motorola phone frustated with battery drain. DONT MAKE THIS AS MY LAST MOTOROLA PHONE.please resolve asap.

Attahed photos for understanding.Dont tell me that some thing will be consuming and some thing has to be on top. i dont use wifi why it is using battery ?

Regards,

Viswanath

Screenshot_20160724-134623.png

Screenshot_20160724-134633.png

Screenshot_20160724-134637.png

Screenshot_20160724-134648.png

Screenshot_20160725-113613.png

This is a very good post but sadly this thread has been labeled as solved but i see no solution yet. 

Have you had your issue resolved? 

Perhaps this battery drain questions should be raised on a non Lenovo site that is not concerned about posting potential defects that could cause mass returns to such a new device. 

Sadly, i already had to return my Moto X Pure because out of the blue it had a tons of lines on the screen that ruined the device. 

RevLauren
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,336
Message 33 of 132

This particular problem is not limited to Motorola phones. I found similar discussions regarding wifi battery drain on other phones, LG, Samsung, etc.. First of all, simply turning off WiFi on the pull down quick settings screen does not mean it's off. I know that sounds absurd, but if your phone has location services on, the WiFi is 'scanning.' And if there are few WiFi spots to find, the device keeps looking.

To check this setting, go to Location->Menu(3 dots)->Wi-Fi Scanning and turn off WiFi scanning. It is trying to "improve location by allowing system apps and services to detect WiFi networks at any time." Again, this is NOT the same setting as WiFi on and WiFi off in the main settings menu. This setting allows or disallows OTHER apps to use the WiFi scanning function.

Next go to " Settings>WiFi>'3dot menu>Advanced

Turn off "network notification" and change the option for "Keep WiFi on during sleep" to NEVER.

SOME user comments linked this issue to Marshmallow. Some reverted to Lollipop and found the issue resolved; others did not. I'm NOT suggesting anyone do this, but simply stating what my research has turned up. This one issue at least cannot be laid at the door of Lenovo/Moto. 

Here is an article from Android Central about a user having the same issue with a Samsung Galaxy S6.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/631374-battery-drain-when-using-wifi.html

I hope this may help with your issue.

mechviswa
Punch Card
Views: 2,317
Message 34 of 132

Good that you returned your device .  after wipe cache partition and and a reboot the wifi battery drain issue is fixed as of now . but now mobile standby is consuming more battery unusual.

Regards,

Viswa

mechviswa
Punch Card
Views: 2,316
Message 35 of 132

RevLauren Thanks for your solution .I did everything you said before.nothing workd out. I did a reboot of device and issues got fixed as of now.dont know when it will start again. now mobile standy drain a lotof battery
pranavrometra92
What's DOS?
Views: 2,295
Message 36 of 132

Hi
My phone is not giving backup more than 15hr
mechviswa
Punch Card
Views: 2,268
Message 37 of 132

Yes pranavrometra92 moto g4 plus battery backup is poor on normal usage
ksg93
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,201
Message 38 of 132

Can you check this mate? I don't see any potential solution or solution worked for anyone and yet its being labelled as solved. Please give update to Moto G4 Plus to solve this issue. Lenovo must accept that there are bugs and problems in phone. No phone is perfect. I don't know why Moto is reluctant in solving issues. Sorry but it would be failure if company neglects the customer. Thank You!!

Niketh
What's DOS?
Views: 2,090
Message 39 of 132

I think I am using one of the worst phone ever... I didn't get more than 1 hour battery back when using mobile data... What will I do???
Niketh
What's DOS?
Views: 2,088
Message 40 of 132

What the hell is this... I didn't satisfied with your answer..
I got only 1or 2 hour back up.. What will I do?