Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,528
Message 61 of 132

Re: Moto G4 Plus WIFI battery drain

@Satishmoto1 wrote:

it's the same issue I been facing and the whole thread is all about the same. I am retirning and getting a replacement with new mobile as I got it few days back only. If you cannot replace it now; go for their customer service and get it fixed. No point of leaving such major bugs. 

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Hrishikulkarni
Punch Card
Views: 1,198
Message 62 of 132

hi matt, I have updated my profile as per instructions. I am facing the same problem. 

Please have a look and let us know if we can change any settings to have better battery performance.

Thanks

Hrishikesh

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,193
Message 63 of 132

Hi everyone,

Please take a moment to update your forum profile with the current IMEI or SN from your device in order for us to assist you further.

Need help in updating your profile? See here.

Thanks,

Joy

Motorola Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,187
Message 64 of 132

Hi Satishmoto1, SPG9, tejpalborkar, santhoshs88, Arkadeep, rjdon, Infi_Amit, Arif1312, 

If your seeing battery drain from WiFi though it is disabled, please create a Bug Report with the battery usage as well as with the WiFi that is disabled so that we can check what's going on.

The rest, please update your forum profile with the current IMEI or SN from your device.

Thanks,

Joy

Motorola Support

Hrishikulkarni
Punch Card
Views: 1,174
Message 65 of 132

Hello Joy.
Please tell me the steps to create a bug report
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,169
Message 66 of 132

Hi, here it is:

Generic Bug Reports This will collect information about your current device state, to send as an e-mail message.

Steps for getting bugreport: We may ask you to take a bug report when you are having an issue (phone freezes, app crashes, phone reboots on its own, etc.).

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings item, Developer options.
    2. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

• Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On 
  1. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
  2. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
  3. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport  on the forums in a reply or via a private message..
  4. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Thanks,

Joy

Hrishikulkarni
Punch Card
Views: 1,135
Message 67 of 132

Motorola Admin
Views: 1,120
Message 68 of 132

@Hrishikulkarni wrote:

hi matt, I have updated my profile as per instructions. I am facing the same problem. 

Please have a look and let us know if we can change any settings to have better battery performance.

Thanks

Hrishikesh

Thanks. Can you please make sure the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

We'll need to get a few days of data before we can evaluate it. Right now your expected battery looks okay, but as I said, I have incomplete information.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,118
Message 69 of 132

@Satishmoto1 wrote:

I have raised the issue and lodged a complaint. They gonna take my mobile with replacement. Why beacuse it's a major bug and we cannot fix by few touches on mobile. We can understand the severity when they offer replacment for this issue. But we can see this issue here has been mentioned "solved" shamelessly. Come on...grow up...stop fooling customers. 

I don't think you understand how the forums work. I didn't mark it solved -- the original poster who wondered about his battery life was happy with my response. His issue was resolved. If you have a battery life issue, let's look at it.

Let's start with updating your profile and settings, as requested. Thanks.

Motorola Admin
Views: 1,117
Message 70 of 132

@SPG9 wrote:

Hey what about my issue..... wifi consuming my battery even i does not use it or i turn it on.....

It drains too fast even without use of it.... i have heard that moto G4 plus has good battery backup but mine phone with average it needs to charge before 8 pm....

Please do need full.....

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943