Message 81 of 132

Re: Moto G4 Plus WIFI battery drain

Thanks.
Hrishikulkarni
Punch Card
Views: 1,800
Message 82 of 132

Hello Joy, any news about debugging that I submitted.
Viffer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,778
Message 83 of 132

Re: Moto G4 WIFI battery drain

Hi

This issue is definitely not reseolved although I understand the explanation given for it being marked as such.

I have a Moto G4 and I am experiencing the same symptoms many other memers of the forum have been reporting.

i) Wifi not turning off despite being set to Never when the phone sleeps in Settings.  The wifi icon is still showing in the Notification area when you turn the screen on again.  Wifi also shows up at the top of the list in the Battery screen when you tap the graph.  Wifi (and Bluetooth Scanning)  turned off in Location as recommended.   I have wiped the cache partition and rebooted many times but to no avail.  It is STILL doing it.   The battery consumption is not as bad as some people have been reporting but there is no doubt that there is a bug in the device. I conclude it is a hardware problem with the Moto G4.  I have resorted to using the following app to get round the problem but shouldn't need to  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.wifiAutoOff

ii) In the battery graph you can also see multiple intermittent red and amber bars where the mobile signal has reduced or been lost completely.  When I first noticed this issue I thought it was the SIM card for the new EE (UK) contract I just had signed up for.  My wife and I are on a shared contract so we both got new SIMs.  Her Moto 1st Gen was/is OK.  I have had my SIM replaced but the issues I experienced have not gone away.  I again conclude it is a hardware problem with the Moto G4.   

iii) I also noticed the wifi connection dropping in & out today.  My wife's phone and my Nexus 7 tablet both have stable connections to my BT Hub 5. As did my Moto G 2nd gen that I just sold to someone.  I again conclude it is a hardware problem with the Moto G4.

This is my third Moto G phone (1st and 2nd Gen versions previously) but this one is becoming a serious disappointment.  I have recommended Moto G phones to many people but don't think I can continue to do that - for the time being at least - based on my experience so far with the G4.

If any of the Lenovo/Motorola staff are (still) looking at this thread the S/N of my device is T073DS5VVW.  In Hardware Info the Version is listed as p2a.  The Android version is 6.0.1 and the Build No. is MPJ24.139-63. 

It is a good but in my opinion flawed device.  This needs to be addressed in an update ASAP.  Please help me/us and Lenovo's/Motorola's reputation. 

Thanks

chirag15
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,750
Message 84 of 132

i have also same problem in moto g4 plus, please find screen shot.

need help ..

sometime phone battery going very well but suddenly it is  draining too fast.

maclac
Paper Tape
Views: 1,661
Message 85 of 132

I too have this issue. Started happening about 2 weeks ago, after about a month and a bit of pretty good battery life. AN absolutely infuriating defect in this otherwise decent handset. 

Reading through the many, many threads on multiple difference forums I can see that this is definately a hardware/manufacturing issue. Maybe that nougat will provide a software fix but, if it doesn't, I'll be joinging in with the other users planning a class action suit against Lenevo for false advertising/providing faulty goods. 

"solved" my ass!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,496
Message 86 of 132

Hi All,

Thank you for sharing and reaching out to us about this issue. We will have some improvements for this in the future update.

Regards,

Joy

Motorola Agent

Floepke
SCSI Port
Views: 1,406
Message 87 of 132

let the update come , fast please it is nessecairy
Hrishikulkarni
Punch Card
Views: 1,391
Message 88 of 132

Any guess when it will be available?

ChoKILLate
Punch Card
Views: 1,374
Message 89 of 132

That last picture is ~24hrs which is not bad. In your WiFi settings under advanced you probably have "Keep WiFi on during sleep" so it is constantly on and checking for messages, alerts, and updates? 

Hrishikulkarni
Punch Card
Views: 1,357
Message 90 of 132

Hi choKILLALate, 

Please don't bother. I already gave up on this phone.

If you know when updates are getting released then just let us know.

Otherwise no thanks for any further suggestions.

Top Kudoed Authors