Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tots3489
Paper Tape
Views: 109
Message 1 of 2

Moto G4 Plus camera/photo issue

I have a Moto G4 Plus with a Samsung 128 GB Evo micro SD card which was working like crap so I had to restart it. As usual, the peice of crap got stuck in a boot loop requiring me to take out the SD card for it to properly start. But now the camera app won't load photos from SD card, only old photos on internal storage. However, if I take a new picture it will be saved on the SD card and can be accessed through the camera app, but still not old ones. If I go through a storage app (I use "File Manager") I can see the SD card with all the photos in it. 

I've had the phone (with the same SD card in it) for a couple years now and this has never happened. After restarting it it seems as if it doesn't recognize the SD card unless it's a new photo being taken. I've tried plugging the phone into a computer and when on the computer I can see the DCIM folder in the SD card (and shows 32 GB out of 128 GB used) but it says folder empty when I try to access it.

I am not sure if there was a "Google Photos" update today or not. Sick and tired of this phone, not sure why the camera doesn't have its own photo folder to scroll through instead of this "Google Photos" crap that wants me to sync all my photos with everything. 

Thanks for your help, this phone is absolutely terrible btw. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 83
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto G4 Plus camera/photo issue

Hi tots3489,

Greetings from Moto,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. The reported issue seems to be Camera app permission access. Hence, we request you to try this below checkpoints & let us know.

1. Tap on Settings>>Apps>>Camera>>Storage>>Clear data.

2. Tap on Settings>>Apps>>Camera>>Permissions>>Toggle all permissions.

If possible please format the SD card to avail the fresh configuration on the same.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors