cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larsoscar
What's DOS?
Views: 634
Message 11 of 45

Re: Moto G4 Plus it crashes randomly (usually when battery <= 50%) - should we file class action

Yes, class action for sure! 

This phone is a dud and all the complicated "forum fixes" are a nightmare. Consumer law should definitely protect us from buying a product that simply isn't able to perform it's basic functions after just a few months. I just got fed up and got an Oppo - has been working brilliantly. Have been warning people about this. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 616
Message 12 of 45

Re: Moto G4 Plus it crashes randomly (usually when battery &lt;= 50%) - should we file class act

Hi, wjcam99.

Thank you for sharing more information, here is how you can share us via private message. You can also update your profile with IMEI number. Here is the link to update your profile as this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 613
Message 13 of 45

Re: Moto G4 Plus it crashes randomly (usually when battery &lt;= 50%) - should we file class act

@Willcom wrote:

I don't think it is a battery problem. Has to be some sort of software problem. The battery is not even drained to 0 percent. Something is making the phone believe its at zero percent and it just shuts down. After the shut down I checked the battery history and it said the phone battery was at zero percent when in fact it never reached that point. 

Hello Willcom.

Sorry about the ongoing issue, usually this kind of issues can be fixed by calibrating your device as Calibration occurs by applying a full charge, discharge, and charge. Battery analyzers serve as a valuable tool to calibrate a smart battery. An analyzer fully charges the battery and then applies a controlled discharge that provides the all-important capacity readings of the chemical battery. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

wjcam99
SCSI Port
Views: 596
Message 14 of 45

In my last post, I asked you a couple of questions and then put this by the questions: "<-- Please answer these questions specifically."  Yet, you did not answer them.  You ignored them.  I personally don't want to be ignored.  So I started a new thread.

Can you tell me what exactly you are going to do to troubleshoot here?  I want to give out as little personal information as possible (e.g. IMEI).  In fact, can you explain to me how you would be able to view my apps, and troubleshoot them, using my IMEI?  I can troubleshoot, too.  Do you have a document you view, which is your troubleshooting doc?  Can you send that to me?  I almost wonder if I'd rather factory reset and not download anything for a few days - that's a last resort for me really, but wouldn't that eliminate this silly "it's an app you downloaded argument"?

In other threads that I've read on this subject, people have tried all these things: safe mode, cache clear, deleting apps, factory reset.  In fact, one of the threads I read, where he factory reset, the problem showed up again a few days after the factory reset (if I recall, I could find the thread if you want).

I would like for you to show me one thread that solved this problem.  One.  Where we see someone go, "You know what?  Removing app abc123 worked!  Thanks Levono!  You solved my problem!".  Find me threads that show people having this problem resolved.  I see tons of people complaining about the problem, but not one solved thread.

So, please, find me some threads that show this problem got resolved, and also show me how to troubleshoot - or I mean, the steps you would perform to troubleshoot my phone - specifically how you are going to find the "app that's giving me trouble".

Thank you.

Quinten123
What's DOS?
Views: 561
Message 15 of 45

Re: Moto G4 Plus it crashes randomly (usually when battery <= 50%) - should we file class action

The problem is definitly the battery, and more importantly, the way of charging the battery. The phone comes with a quick charger (in most cases). This causes the battery go "out of sync". I was wondering if any of you do not use the quick charger, but still have this issue.

wjcam99
SCSI Port
Views: 553
Message 16 of 45

People of the internet - I want to point out the run-around these forum guys are doing.  They are not helping, passing blame to us users, and ignoring tough questions.  Let me give you an example of the "wonderful" customer service and/or support here.

In this thread, on 05-09-2018 09:01 AM, I asked the following:

You need to show me what you guys are doing to fix this problem other than running around in forums and blaming the users on their apps, or safe mode, or cache clearing.  Do you understand this?  Can you elaborate or elaborate on what research/testing/QA/bugfixing Levono is doing to fix this?  <-- Please answer these questions specifically.

Look at how I typed:  <-- Please answer these questions specifically.  Wouldn't any sane human being on earth understand that I'm looking for an answer to these questions?

Agent_Swaraj on 05-10-2018 02:11 AM, replied to my post, but did not answer the questions.  At no point did he acknowledge them, or address them.

So, on 05-10-2018 07:58 AM, I started a new thread to focus specifically on those questions, as this original thread is starting to get long, and the questions could get lost in the shuffle.

Here's what Agent_Swaraj chooses to do at 05-11-2018 01:44 AM:  He locks the new thread.  Does not answer or acknowledge the questions.  And then ... and this is laughable .. tells me to post the questions here.  In this thread.  The place where I orginally asked the questions that were ignored.  WOW.

And on 05-11-2018, he did not address any other thing in this thread.  Being that my last post had more questions about troubleshooting and IMEI's, etc.

So before that new thread, they were good about answering questions within 24 hours.  But this 24 hour cycle, he chooses to lock a thread, ignore me ... AGAIN ... and then ignore this thread completely.

People, please unserstand, this is the type of support and/or customer care you recieve from Levono.

wjcam99
SCSI Port
Views: 552
Message 17 of 45

OK, well, here are the questions, again:

I personally believe that THIS IS A HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE OR BATTERY PROBLEM THAT LEVONO/MOTOROLA INTRODUCED.  YOU GUYS NEED TO FIX IT.

1) Can you show me what you guys are doing to fix this problem other than running around in forums and blaming the users on their apps, or safe mode, or cache clearing?

2) Can you show me what research/testing/QA/bugfixing Levono is doing to fix this?

Thank you.

(and don't forget message 14 in this thread, I have questions about IMEI's and troubleshooting)

wjcam99
SCSI Port
Views: 538
Message 18 of 45

And being that I've talked about class action lawsuits, let me continue to document the daily yuck that happens with the Motorola phones now that Levono is pulling the strings:

Last night I'm at my both my daughter's softball games.  After they both end, a group of girls are having their pictures taken, including one of my daughter's.  I take out my phone, it's at 58%.

I snap a few pics, and .... BOOM ... CRASH .. the phone shuts off.  For the billionth time.

While other parents are taking more pics, I'm starting a phone that crashed, because I dared to use the camera on it.

Fast forward a few minutes later -- I'm packing my daughter's softball bag and saw that one of the girls left a sweatshirt and a water bottle.  I snap a pic of the two items, and I want to send it to the group text, and ask the parents who left this stuff.

Now, here is what happened, and it was almost comical:

I snapped the pic.

I left "Camera", and went to "Photos".

I selected the photo, from the "Photos" app, and chose to share.  From there, I selected "Messages", the text app that comes with this phone.

When you select "Messages", it pulls up a dialog that lists like your last X amount of texts you have been involved with.  I select the group text.

The group text opens, you see the image being placed in the area where you typically text, and before I have the chance to click send ... BOOM ... CRASH ... my phone shuts off.

I laugh.

I start the phone, repeat all the same steps ... BOOM ... CRASH .. my phone shuts off.

Not discouraged yet,

I start the phone, repeat all the same steps ... BOOM ... CRASH .. my phone shuts off.

This is now the 3rd time.

I'm going to get this to work!!!

I start the phone, repeat all the same steps ... BOOM ... CRASH ... my phone shuts off.

Seriously, this is what I was going through.

Then, I start the phone again ... and I think, maybe if I do it in a different order?

So, I don't go to Photos first.  Instead, I go to Messages, select the photo from there, and send.  YAY!  SUCCESS!!

It took me 10+ minutes, and after four phone crashes (which doesn't include the fifth crash, when I was taking photos earlier), I finally succeeeded to do something as simple as Take a picture  and send it to a group text.

Meanwhile, support here is non-existent (for this issue), various people have this same issue, it's a known issue that is definitely a bug in the Motorola software or hardware or battery, I haven't found one thread where this issue has been solved, and they continue to give the run-around.

This phone is an absolute nightmare.  And this forum.  This is now the second time, in two days, where I post something, I see the message count increase.  And then the post disappears.  This time, thank god, before I posted, I select all, copy -- in case the forum ate my post again.

EDIT: And it happened again.  This is the third time I've posted this.  Saw that it posted.  And to double-check, I closed the browser, reopened this thread, and it was gone.  I saw the Message count increase from 17 to 18.  And now it's back to 17.  WHAT IS UP!!!

EDIT2: This is now my fourth time.  It gets posted.  you see all the other messages go from say, "1 of 17" to "1 of 18".  I close the browser.  Re-open.  And this post is gone.  Something keeps eating my posts.

EDIT 3: It keeps happening. Is someone deleting this on me?

wjcam99
SCSI Port
Views: 538
Message 19 of 45

replying to the post "18" that keeps getting lost after every post.  Maybe this will make it stick.

Willcom
Punch Card
Views: 521
Message 20 of 45

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

@Willcom wrote:

I don't think it is a battery problem. Has to be some sort of software problem. The battery is not even drained to 0 percent. Something is making the phone believe its at zero percent and it just shuts down. After the shut down I checked the battery history and it said the phone battery was at zero percent when in fact it never reached that point. 

Hello Willcom.

Sorry about the ongoing issue, usually this kind of issues can be fixed by calibrating your device as Calibration occurs by applying a full charge, discharge, and charge. Battery analyzers serve as a valuable tool to calibrate a smart battery. An analyzer fully charges the battery and then applies a controlled discharge that provides the all-important capacity readings of the chemical battery. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Ok so far so good. I let the phone fully charge. No shut downs yet. But if/when it does it again I will post it.

Top Kudoed Authors