Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KrisT
SCSI Port
Views: 712
Message 241 of 295

Re: Moto G4 Plus keeps randomly shutting down

Yes, it really does resolve the problem.  Nothing that the so-called techs here have said helped me, but the person that originally shared that solution will forever be my hero!  I wish that there was a way to mark that as a *TRUE* answer.  I'm going to see if I can find the original post of the solution and post it again.

Kris

KrisT
SCSI Port
Views: 710
Message 242 of 295

This should take you to the post that has the non-moto-sanctioned fix that truly works.  Thank you to renansd for finding a solution for us!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G4-Moto-G4-Plus-Moto-G4/Moto-G4-Plus-keeps-randomly-shutting-down/...

mountain-j
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,182
Message 243 of 295

Thanks tallbob, Willcom and krisT, 

I really appreciate your replies! 😄

Joel

renansd
Punch Card
Views: 1,165
Message 244 of 295

KrisT
SCSI Port
Views: 1,154
Message 245 of 295

Great idea!  It's a good thing that you put the directions in your post, as they deleted your links. Give people an answer that works and Moto does everything they can to take it away.  

prupp89
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,201
Message 246 of 295

Re: FIX: Moto G4 Plus shutting down / turning off

Since so many people are having this exact same issue and Motorola refuses to acknowledge it's an issue and do anything about it, clearly standards are irrelevant to Motorola...

~ Posted from my OnePlus 6 which could have been a Moto G6
Wibbe
Paper Tape
Views: 1,044
Message 247 of 295

Hi there,

I don't know if someone is still having the issue of the Moto G4 plus randomly shutting down. I did have it and trust me, it is no fun at all. It was shutting down like 20 times the day. I was really desperate (as also the Motorola support did not provide a solution) and I did almost buy a new phone. Then, I tried one last suggestion I have found in the web: disconnect the battery (here is the instruction https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Motorola+Moto+G4+Plus+Battery+Replacement/86079), wait for a couple of minutes and reconnect it. IT DID WORK INDEED. Hope this works for you as well.

KrisT
SCSI Port
Views: 1,034
Message 248 of 295

Yes, that's the only fix the rest of us have found that actually works. Make sure you warn that it will void your warranty, though.
Willcom
Punch Card
Views: 1,023
Message 249 of 295

@KrisT wrote:
Yes, that's the only fix the rest of us have found that actually works. Make sure you warn that it will void your warranty, though.

Great advice. Also remember for the cost this old phone, and I have just vanilla Moto G4 was/is a beast. Best bang for the buck. Still works well will everything I have thrown at it which are primarily just apps. I really want to thank the forum and mods for allowing the solution to be posted.

Highlighted
Bibleman66
What's DOS?
Views: 862
Message 250 of 295

Dear motto I think I will be contacting some news networks on how you are ripping whole bunch  people off like my self for a  battery issue  I did all you have asked but I still have this issue I have lost some important calls from jobs associate lost hours from work  we have missed appointments with people  are you willing to reburse all the money I have loss due to this battery issue it needs to be resolved I really believe a recall needs to be done because I did not have any issues intll you sent the update for gplay this past year  thank you very much get off your butts and fix this issue Mr warren

Top Kudoed Authors