Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danilo1101
Paper Tape
Views: 1,127
Message 301 of 311

Re: Moto G4 Plus keeps randomly shutting down

I'm just saying that he sould try because it worked for me. My phone hasn't randomly shut itself down since I did that, and it's been more than a month.

Highlighted
ppuspfc
Paper Tape
Views: 1,090
Message 302 of 311

I'll try the full battery cycle and then the cleaning. Thanks

Willcom
Punch Card
Views: 1,079
Message 303 of 311

The problem has not returned for me but I guess since it happened once it can again. My hard drive on my 3 year old laptop is starting to fail so yeah tech devices do not have a long lifespan. 

Maybe try doing the process again before buying a new battery.

tallbob
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,068
Message 304 of 311

I'm fast approaching 6 months since I last had a crash after removing the battery, cleaning contacts, letting it rest a long time, then reinstalling.

The battery life is mediocre now, has been for awhile.  Might be worth investing in a new battery in a few months if it still is working.

Ron1947
What's DOS?
Views: 968
Message 305 of 311

I have the same problem. I am hesitant to go through all this work that you suggest, when only one person found your suggestion as helpful. As I read through your suggestions, it really looks like just retoric and not a solution. I will give it a try, but it looks too much like bs.

Thanmughil
What's DOS?
Views: 861
Message 306 of 311

My phone started rebooting abruptly and battery status is showing weird. It is showing battery low irrespective of the battery charged full during the restart. I have done clear cache partition, factory rest. But no luck. Any solution please.it is irritating.

LAman
Paper Tape
Views: 851
Message 307 of 311

I disconnected and connected the battery for the third time.  This time I drained the battery and then left it disconnected overnight.  It has been 12 days and it is working fine.  But that's what happended before and then the problem started again in few months.  To get ready for the next time, I bought a new battery, so if the problems start again, I will replace it.  I have it for two years and my goal is to have it one more year.

May the protector Saint of the smart phones hear my cry for help! Smiley Happy

LAman
Paper Tape
Views: 540
Message 308 of 311

So, here is the latest!  As you may have read, I disconnected the battery at the end of Dec 2018 and kept it disconnected overnight.  I connected it back the next morning and the phone worked well ... well, until now.  So overall, it worked well for a bit less than a month.  The last few days, it has been shutting off when reaching a 20% battery level and/or when sending an email or text.  Today, it drained extremely fast to the point that I was left with no phone for half a day.  Thankfully, I had ordered a $10 battery, just in a case like this!  I just replaced the old battery (be carefully, it is glued on the body of the phone and had to slightly bend it to remove it).  The new battery charged extremely fast and seems to work great!

I will report again, in case I have new problems (seems very likely).  Meanwhile, I will make offerings to the Gods to protect me, the phone and its new battery! Smiley Happy

KrisT
SCSI Port
Views: 529
Message 309 of 311

If you're referring to what the "support" people here suggest as "solutions", they are BS.  Disconnecting the battery, cleaning the contacts, and reconnecting the battery, however, has worked for many of us.  Just be aware that it will void your warranty if you are still within that timeframe and/or care about that.

LAman
Paper Tape
Views: 255
Message 310 of 311

Posting again.  It has been almost a month and the new battery works extremely well.  Again, it is a $10 battery I purchased from Ebay.  Only one thing: The new battery is slightly smaller than the original battery and, when I installed it, I did not secure well.  As such, when I shake the phone to activate the flash light, I can hear the battery rattling.  I can open it and secure it, but at this point it is a very minor issue and ... who cares!

P.S. Was wondering if the original battery, which I have stored for a month now, would have been "cleaned" or reset from any previous software issues, or the problem was the battery quality itself.