Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bandgeekforlife
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,253
Message 311 of 334

Moto G4 shuts down/restarts every five seconds, not responding to power button

My moto G4 is constantly going dark, then vibrating and doing the default moto power on screen only to go black again vibrate again and the show the screen again and repeat continually like so far forever until it died now its repeating the out of battery yellow triangle screen every 4 seconds. any ideas? BTW I have hooked it up to a power source as to not completely destroy the battery.

Moto_Ocean
What's DOS?
Views: 1,138
Message 312 of 334

Re: Moto G4 Plus keeps randomly shutting down

I have a Moto Play G4 for more than a year. Was working fine until couple months ago, that it turns off after battery is charged up to 100%. This happens at night usually since it's being charged at night when not in use. Now I can't use it for alarm any more since it turns off on its own.

Please, what is the problem and how to solve it?

Ag_93
Paper Tape
Views: 947
Message 313 of 334

Moto g4 plus is a serious crap phone.

It is annoying me to an extend.

It shuts down randomly 

without any warning , even the text or call do not get registered in the logs.

I have tried all battery calibration technique, my sd card too is not mounted as internal and the phone shuts down even in safe mode.

Is there some fix for the issue?

renansd
Punch Card
Views: 940
Message 314 of 334

Yes, read previous answers, you'll find one. 

Ag_93
Paper Tape
Views: 834
Message 315 of 334

I have tried all the fixes still it is shutting down.

And it has this weird ghost touch crap issue.

Which of which phone behaves hapzard.

LAman
Paper Tape
Views: 817
Message 316 of 334

Before you decide to throw the phone away, replace the battery.  I replaced mine with a $10 battery I bought from Ebay and the problem was solved.  Now, the battery life feels like it is not as long, so I got a battery pack, but hey, I got a working phone!

madhusudan21
Paper Tape
Views: 789
Message 317 of 334

Same problem was in my phone .... 2 3 time i give my phone to service center but problem not resolved after some system update problem hide but now again my phone. Crash.... All ready try your technic but i think i have to replace my phone with any other company
JUC
Paper Tape
Views: 660
Message 318 of 334

I tried keeping it charging to prevent the problem when I was in the car.  It shut down anyway.  This does not seem to be a battery problem. 

Two days ago, it shut down CONSTANTLY!  I couldn't even take a quick picture.  Had to turn it on between shots.  The following day, it was more cooperative.  Today, just as I was about to text, it shut down.  I love this phone, but I'm looking at Samsung.

JUC
Paper Tape
Views: 659
Message 319 of 334

@Androidex wrote:
Its a problem with the BATTERY!!! when you keep your phone plugged it will not shut down. The battery is the problem. Those questions and "recommendations" from Motorola Agents dont work. I will never buy a Motorola phone again.

@Androidex wrote:
Its a problem with the BATTERY!!! when you keep your phone plugged it will not shut down. The battery is the problem. Those questions and "recommendations" from Motorola Agents dont work. I will never buy a Motorola phone again.

Mine turned off while being charged, so that is not the problem.  I love this phone, but I will look at another brand. 

tallbob
Fanfold Paper
Views: 650
Message 320 of 334

Have you tried the trick of removing the battery, letting it sit (and possibly cleaining the contacts) for awhile, then putting it back together?

Mine would restart constantly, plugged in or not.  After disconnecting the battery for 30 min, then reconnecting and fully charging the phone, I've had no issues other than battery life is getting shorter than it used to be - but I haven't had a single crash or restart in what seems like 9+ months now...

Top Kudoed Authors