Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 984
Message 91 of 295

Re: Moto G4 Plus keeps randomly shutting down

@renansd wrote:

Just happened once again while watching a video. Here is the bug report and the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1whmsc2RhdpRCKTxaqaS9baTvHJjS4ik0/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16zQBoRld9kBbgyvd4aR6DGuqTusWqlEZ/view?usp=drivesdk

Thank you for sharing the Bug Report and the Video, we have shared the same with our engineer team for further investigation in regards to the same.

We will keep you posted once we have any updates. If this is troubling, we would request you to get in touch with our service/repair team.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Patelsachin95
Fanfold Paper
Views: 906
Message 92 of 295

Mr. Swaraj

What is update about my bug report,

Is there any suggestions from that, because we are suffering a lot by this random shutdown problem.

Sachin
pmesteves
Fanfold Paper
Views: 884
Message 93 of 295

You are so funny with your workarounds...

theStorm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 873
Message 94 of 295

For anyone thinking they may have a battery issue, check your battery item under settings.  When mine went bad it started showing gaps on the depletion chart after it failed.  So if device failed say 3 or 4 times that day, I would be able to see the failures as battery depletion/prediction chart gaps. Literally the graph line came up missing during those times.  Replacement battery has not had a random **bleep** down for around 6 weeks now.   Thanks Moto for all the silent help and for making the community figure out your problem, quite unthankful like, I may add.

psiq
Paper Tape
Views: 871
Message 95 of 295

Swaraj/Customer Support?

For the records, my phone is having exactly the same issue; randomly shutting off, with battery charge still around 45-50%.  Rebooting the phone does not help.  Your suggestions have been tried and they don't seem to help, as it did not for others. 

Your repeated messages showing that the issue has been resolved is ridiculous.  Please do not mark so, since many folks like me are having this issue continuing, which is frustrating.

As many have commented, Lenovo should take the responsibility and replace the battery, period.  

theStorm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 869
Message 96 of 295

My unit was out of warranty.  Moto would not even share a replacement battery part number on this forum.

KrisT
SCSI Port
Views: 841
Message 97 of 295

I was really hoping that a new battery was going to work for you.  In fact, I was kind of jealous, thinking that I could have solved my problem with a new battery rather than a new phone (which is NOT a Motorola).  I had my battery tested, like they had suggested, and Batteries Plus said that it was fine, which is why I went the route of a new phone instead. 

I ordered the S9, I can't wait fot it to arrive.

theStorm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 832
Message 98 of 295

Glad your happy.  Batteries plus likely does a voltage test only.  End of the day, Moto would rather have you buy another device.  Not so happy with the new batteries performance in my case, but it's not randomly shutting down anymore.

Here is a link to a new lesser performance battery thru eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Battery-For-Motorola-Moto-G4-XT1622-Moto-G4-Plus-XT1643-XT1642-XT1641-X...

The supplied tools are generally worthless, kind of like Moto's reputation by me.

Good luck with Samsung.  I've historically had battery issues with Samsung as well.  I think Samsung makes a few models where you can easily replace the battery, but most don't have easy replace batteries.

jaffacakes
Punch Card
Views: 819
Message 99 of 295

My message disappeared for some reason I will do it again.

Update after 7 days with new battery fitted, bad news it's playing up again!!! 3 times it's done it today, 1st it switched off and wouldn't switch back on again, I had to press the on button and volume down together to get into recovery mode and press start and it started then. The other 2 times it switched off and restarted by itself. I was so confident it was fixed after the new battery, it didn't switch off at all until now. Weird it's was ok for 7 days and started again, someone else mentioned after there new battery there's lasted 10 days before switching off. Looks like I will have to get a new phone after all, seen no one is getting back to us on here with any updates on what there engineers are saying.

jaffacakes
Punch Card
Views: 768
Message 100 of 295

Top Kudoed Authors