Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KrisT
SCSI Port
Views: 5,400
Message 11 of 295

Re: Moto G4 Plus keeps randomly shutting down

It WAS an awesome phone, now it's nothing but a sad reminder of how much money I paid for something that lasted such a short time.  If only they actually stood behind their products.  Sigh.  I'm looking into a replacement phone (BLU) that offers all of the same features for a lot lower price.  I have friends with the same brand of phone, but different model, and they have had no issues with it.  You might want to check into it.

Vijaigupta
Paper Tape
Views: 5,320
Message 12 of 295

I too have the same issue, feel cheated after having spent such huge sum on this phone. I'm going to not buy a new phone and would like Moto to fix this issue for us. Pls stop ignoring our post and respond with a proper solution. 

KrisT
SCSI Port
Views: 5,313
Message 13 of 295

Good luck with that.  I agree that they definitely SHOULD, but all I've seen them say is to recalibrate the battery, when it's not even the battery in the first place.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,253
Message 14 of 295

Hi everyone, 

We understand how inconvenient it is. But may we ask how often would it shut down? By any chance, is there an SD card inserted into your phone? If there is, make sure it is not formatted as internal. 

- Ella

KrisT
SCSI Port
Views: 5,245
Message 15 of 295

Hi Ella,

It's random.  Sometimes it will shut off before it even finishes rebooting itself back up several times in a row, other times it might go a few hours without shutting down.  

I did have an SD card in it, but it was simply mounted as an SD card, not as internal memory.

Kris

renansd
Punch Card
Views: 5,184
Message 16 of 295

I've got this problem on my Moto G4 Plus too! It shuts itself down randomly all the time. Sometimes 5 to 10 times a day.

Sometimes I can barely record a video on Instagram as it keeps shutting down. It happens sometimes when recording or listening to WhatsApp audio, or trying to watch videos.

I do have an external sdcard installed, for instance. 

It's very annoying, please fix it.

KrisT
SCSI Port
Views: 5,154
Message 17 of 295

Right?  I paid good money for this phone, I mean it wasn't a $100 cheapie or something.  You'd think that they'd stand behind their products, wouldn't you?  Word of mouth can be really good or really bad advertising for a company.  I absolutely LOVED the phone before it started doing this crap.  If they'd just do an update and fix it and stop saying it's the battery, when myself as well as some others have had our batteries tested and have been told that they are fine.  I really wish that they would take this seriously, do an update to fix it, and be done with it.  I would really love to be able to use my phone again.  I had to buy another one, and you can bet it wasn't another Motorola because of this.

Magus9
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,103
Message 18 of 295

I have had exactly the same problem. I sent the first one I had back and they sent a replacement. It did the same thing and when I contacted Motorola they said it was no longer under warranty and wanted $$$. I said no. I have tried everything that people suggest to fix the problem and none of it works. Lenovo ruined Motorola. I have been a loyal customer but I guess the time has come to move on.

Omarchh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,965
Message 19 of 295

I had this same issue with my phone 3 days ago for the first time, I saw my phone and I though the battery was dead, I did not had my charger in that moment so I had to wait around 45 min to 1 hour to plug it again, in that time I could not turn it on and wasn't working at all, just a black screen as if it was off, when I plugged the charger to my phone to make it work again it had 90% battery.

One thing that I realized was that the screen was darker than usual, like if it had a layer on the middle of the screen with an opacity or something, now, this phone has a problem with the screen, something called burn pixel or so, basically If you have something beign shown in your screen for a long time it has this weird overlay with the icon/text/image that you used for that long (like the battery icon or the wifi icon), so I now think that maybe my phone was actually on but with the whole screen in black color.

It just happened to me again 30 min before I found this post and wrote this answer. I am at work so I am able to plug my phone really quick. This time the screen was not dark as the last time. I think that this was because I noticed my phone was not working because I use web whatsapp, and it doesn't let you send or receive messages if your phone is not connected, so this time was not longer than 5 minutes.

I don't know how this would relate to connecting the phone to the charger and the rebooting but is a new symptom of this problem. Also I did update my phone around 3 weeks ago (or that's what I remember).

Also the thing that you mentioned about plugging the phone and let it have 100% and after that let it for an extra hour, I do that every single day because I let my phone all night long connected.

------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to mention that I had this phone for almost 3 years

Androidex
Paper Tape
Views: 4,987
Message 20 of 295

Its a problem with the BATTERY!!! when you keep your phone plugged it will not shut down. The battery is the problem. Those questions and "recommendations" from Motorola Agents dont work. I will never buy a Motorola phone again.
Top Kudoed Authors