Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhiraj0162
Paper Tape
Views: 891
Message 281 of 310

Re: Moto G4 Plus keeps randomly shutting down

Stating that the problem is solved, wont solve it. Find a solution as many are facing this issue.

I wont recommend anyone to go for Moto until this issue is resolved.

Guru
Views: 842
Message 282 of 310

Hi

In my case it was a faulty battery. Since the phone was on longer on warranty I bought a replacement battery on Amazon and replaced it myself, I'm using the new battery for one month and the problem have not returned . If yours is under warranty open a formal ticket to Motorola Mobility so it can be fixed.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Willcom
Punch Card
Views: 741
Message 283 of 310

Update: After over two months since I unattached the battery cleaned the contacts and reconnected them my phone is still running fine. Just watched a full movie the other day with no problems. In fact only lost 20 percent battery on a two hour movie.

tallbob
Fanfold Paper
Views: 736
Message 284 of 310

@Willcom wrote:

Update: After over two months since I unattached the battery cleaned the contacts and reconnected them my phone is still running fine. Just watched a full movie the other day with no problems. In fact only lost 20 percent battery on a two hour movie.

Dang, I wish my battery was half that long-lasting.  I'd lose at least 80% charge trying that.

Willcom
Punch Card
Views: 732
Message 285 of 310

You know now that I think about it, it is weird. I mean I lose more charge with the phone just in my pocket for two hours. Maybe Netflix is optimized for steaming or something. Or this phone just has crazy battery. Think it might be the latter.

jdw1000
What's DOS?
Views: 644
Message 286 of 310

Re: FIX: Moto G4 Plus shutting down / turning off

I have the same problem with my g4 randomly shutting down. I did everything Motorola told me to do and nothing worked. Now they are offering to sell me a refurbished phone for $125 if I send in my old phone. Essentially I would be buying my phone again. I plan to either replace the battery myself. Don't need to worry about the warranty since it is already expired.
Sasha33
Paper Tape
Views: 574
Message 287 of 310

I wouldn't bother spending the $125. They've been aware of this shut down issue and have done nothing for their customers to resolve it. Buy a new phone on black Friday or Cyber Monday and go with a different brand than Motorola. That's what I plan to do. 

tallbob
Fanfold Paper
Views: 565
Message 288 of 310

Note that he clearly wasn't going to spend the $125, but rather would replace the battery himself.  That's about $20-25, tops, and might be unnecessary if unplugging the battery, letting it rest for a long time, then plugging it back in works for him like it has for so many of us.

jdw1000
What's DOS?
Views: 552
Message 289 of 310

I'm curious how long you left the battery unplugged for? Would overnight work? That sounds easier than replacing the battery because the batteries are pretty much glued in with 2 sided tape.

BTW I ordered a replacement battery for about $10. 

tallbob
Fanfold Paper
Views: 550
Message 290 of 310

Overnight would be more than sufficient - I got satisfactory results after having it unplugged for about 15 minutes. My suspicion is that *if* the problem can be fixed in this manner, you have to have it unplugged long enough that the capacitors in the phone all discharge, wiping the phone's memory of the charge status of the phone.