Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,728
Message 21 of 295

Re: Moto G4 Plus keeps randomly shutting down

@Omarchh wrote:

I had this same issue with my phone 3 days ago for the first time, I saw my phone and I though the battery was dead, I did not had my charger in that moment so I had to wait around 45 min to 1 hour to plug it again, in that time I could not turn it on and wasn't working at all, just a black screen as if it was off, when I plugged the charger to my phone to make it work again it had 90% battery.

One thing that I realized was that the screen was darker than usual, like if it had a layer on the middle of the screen with an opacity or something, now, this phone has a problem with the screen, something called burn pixel or so, basically If you have something beign shown in your screen for a long time it has this weird overlay with the icon/text/image that you used for that long (like the battery icon or the wifi icon), so I now think that maybe my phone was actually on but with the whole screen in black color.

It just happened to me again 30 min before I found this post and wrote this answer. I am at work so I am able to plug my phone really quick. This time the screen was not dark as the last time. I think that this was because I noticed my phone was not working because I use web whatsapp, and it doesn't let you send or receive messages if your phone is not connected, so this time was not longer than 5 minutes.

I don't know how this would relate to connecting the phone to the charger and the rebooting but is a new symptom of this problem. Also I did update my phone around 3 weeks ago (or that's what I remember).

Also the thing that you mentioned about plugging the phone and let it have 100% and after that let it for an extra hour, I do that every single day because I let my phone all night long connected.

------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to mention that I had this phone for almost 3 years

Well, It is possible that it is due to the aging battery but you can try booting it into safe mode and observe if the issue will persist. Let me know how it goes.

Please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled under Settings. Let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? Click on this link.

- Ella

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,719
Message 22 of 295

@renansd wrote:

I've got this problem on my Moto G4 Plus too! It shuts itself down randomly all the time. Sometimes 5 to 10 times a day.

Sometimes I can barely record a video on Instagram as it keeps shutting down. It happens sometimes when recording or listening to WhatsApp audio, or trying to watch videos.

I do have an external sdcard installed, for instance. 

It's very annoying, please fix it.

Sorry if you have annoyed. Does it also happen while using stock apps? Have you tried booting your phone into safe mode? I would recommend rebooting your phone regularly so it can kill whatever activities running on the background. - Ella

renansd
Punch Card
Views: 3,713
Message 23 of 295

Yeah, it happened once during a phone call, and once or twice when recording video on the native camera app.
Omarchh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,684
Message 24 of 295

Ok so, I rebooted it on safe mode, but then after 30 minutes I realized that we can't have the phone in safe mode all the time because not all my apps are not allowed in safe mode, this is not helpful, I just can't have my phone in safe mode all the time.

I just had again the incident (it was not in safe mode for the reason I just told you in the last paragraph), this time I didn't realized when it happened, but just 5 min ago I connected my phone again and it's back on.

By the way, I have 2 IMEI numbers and in my settings I can only add 1, so I put the last 2 digits of the other IMEI number after a "/", that's the only difference between them.

Omarchh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,649
Message 25 of 295

Well, looks like my phone battery is dead, I just realized that was time for me to change my phone so I bought a new one.

Anyways this problem on the old phone so I suggest you to check all the situations when this happens. Now I can try the safe mode all day long as I have another phone, if something happens I'll post it to help anyone else that is having this problem!
tirosh
Paper Tape
Views: 3,606
Message 26 of 295

I have EXACTLY the same problem.

It happens several times a day. I get SMSes and calls, can see them briefly, but than the device shuts down. 

Most of the times the messages and/or calls are not recorded in the log so I can't know who was calling me. When it happens in Whatsapp messages, the messages are not recorded, and it puts me in very problematic situations.

renansd
Punch Card
Views: 3,598
Message 27 of 295

My WhatsApp messages get deleted aswell when the phone dies shortly after I receive it.

You can also discard battery/cpu temperature as the cause, I was monitoring it and it seems it's not related. 

Magus9
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,522
Message 28 of 295

FYI my Moto G4 Plus does this in or out of Safe Mode.

This is the latest note I sent to Lenovo:

My Moto G4 Plus replacement phone is no longer under warranty. The problem I'm having with is exactly the same as the one I had with the Moto G4 Plus phone it replaced: my phone abruptly shuts down no matter how much of a charge it's battery has and it will not power back on without being plugged into an electrical outlet.

In my opinion, when you replace a customers phone while it's under warranty with a phone that has the same malfunction - you have not met your obligations under the sale/warranty of our agreement. However, since Lenovo cannot fix the problem, and only offers to replace the Moto G4 Plus with another Moto G4 Plus the buyer is left with an offer to pay more money for another defective device or shell out the full mount for a different Motorola/Lenovo product. Why would I ever do that after your tech department could not fix my phone while it was under warranty AND your customer service reps had no solution other than to tel me to pay more for the same model phone when the warranty had expired. This is what is meant by "adding insult to injury"! Motorola/Lenovo should have acknowledged the hardware issue with their Motorola G4 Plus and replaced it with a model that is not defective. After my experience, I know that is unlikely to happen. Just so you know, I tell everyone about my Lenovo experience and will continue to post about the dismal customer services and inferior products you now offer. I have had a motorola phone since 2006. I have also owned Lenovo laptops. I was a loyal and vocal customer - but not any longer. I have nothing but bad things to say about my most recent Motorola Lenovo product experience.

Magus9
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,509
Message 29 of 295

Maybe, but I think it is something in the hardware that reads the battery charge incorrectly.

Here's my latest note to Lenovo:

My Moto G4 Plus replacement phone is no longer under warranty. The problem I'm having with is exactly the same as the one I had with the Moto G4 Plus phone it replaced: my phone abruptly shuts down no matter how much of a charge it's battery has and it will not power back on without being plugged into an electrical outlet.

In my opinion, when you replace a customers phone while it's under warranty with a phone that has the same malfunction - you have not met your obligations under the sale/warranty of our agreement. However, since Lenovo cannot fix the problem, and only offers to replace the Moto G4 Plus with another Moto G4 Plus the buyer is left with an offer to pay more money for another defective device or shell out the full mount for a different Motorola/Lenovo product. Why would I ever do that after your tech department could not fix my phone while it was under warranty AND your customer service reps had no solution other than to tel me to pay more for the same model phone when the warranty had expired. This is what is meant by "adding insult to injury"! Motorola/Lenovo should have acknowledged the hardware issue with their Motorola G4 Plus and replaced it with a model that is not defective. After my experience, I know that is unlikely to happen. Just so you know, I tell everyone about my Lenovo experience and will continue to post about the dismal customer services and inferior products you now offer. I have had a motorola phone since 2006. I have also owned Lenovo laptops. I was a loyal and vocal customer - but not any longer. I have nothing but bad things to say about my most recent Motorola Lenovo product experience.

tirosh
Paper Tape
Views: 3,519
Message 30 of 295

Well stated. This issue makes me nuts. They should have pulled these devices from the market and reimburse the customers.
Thanks for the post.
Top Kudoed Authors